Wembley Thread (merged)

Re: Which london pub are we turning blue then?

c u there<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:50 pm --<br /><br />in fact tell me a particular boozer and we will c u there

Re: 'Blue' and 'Red' Route to Wembley Confirmed

Seeing as we have the west end of the ground,isn't the sensible route for us down the M40? And them down the M1?

Also, there is no law to prevent you from drinking on route to a football match. Its a common myth; I checked it with a traffic cop. There is an unwritten code of conduct for coach drivers which says they shouldn't allow drinking though.

However, if you all pile off drunk, they can then deal with you under Public Order section 5.

If they stop you though for no justified reason and turn you back, then you can sue them for wrongful arrest...as the Stoke fans did on their way to the Swamp that time.

In previous visits to Wembley with United it's not been uncommon for the police to look for pissed up lads at the service stations. They then see which coach they're from and then search the coach for alcohol. If it's found I've known that coach kept back for numerous checks and everyone other than those willing to hitch or get taxis miss the game! It's not worth taking the chance so just wait for London and enjoy yourselves there, it may not be ideal but at least everyone gets to see the game.

I'm following a Blue road to Wembley, as shown on my map of this fair sceptred isle.

It involves me driving down the M40. the easiest way to the ground.

And I'll be driving back home the same way.

I hope it's a nice sunny day, as the view from the Chilterns as you drop down is very nice.

squirtyflower said:
bainy said:
Slap bang in the middle of the sheffield minibus (still 2 seats left!!) - starts at junction 37 barnsley!!
not for us
five of us driving down and staying at son's student digs for the night

we are staying down there sat night, meet with our elder girl and her fella and do the town:)

which means we stay in whilst the girls hit towm.

jrb said:
No mention of a alcohol ban on the coaches though. I'm sure a couple of cans or bottles on route should be ok. ;-)

they dont need to mention a specific ban - its against the law to have alcohol on a football coach full stop, And thats a tory law.
Youre guilty and so is the driver
Cant see many turning a blind eye when its so high profile
And the OB will want to make an example of some poor bastards

so just a couple of cans like you say

try your luck, this is taken from a coppers' forum

Transport Act 1980 - Law relating to Football Excursions
The Traffic Commissioners have powers to attach conditions to public service vehicle licences
restricting the carriage of drink on football excursions. British Rail introduced a bye-law to
prohibit the carriage and consumption of drink on specified trains.

The Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc) Act 1985
prohibits the possession of alcohol on the way to matches on football special coaches
and trains and makes it an offence to be drunk on them
makes an offence of trying to enter a ground when drunk or in possession of alcohol; of
possessing or consuming alcohol within view of the pitch during the period of the
match; or being drunk during the period of the match
provides the police the power to search someone reasonably suspected of committing
an offence under the Act, and to arrest such a person: this may include searching
coaches or trains carrying passengers to or from matches

I even formatted it nicely for you

I believe this relates to specific services laid on for sporting events, so won't necessarily cover all transport. Whilst getting the normal 3:45 train to Waterloo to see a match may be a routine service, it will no doubt be in the Ts and Cs as to what is and isn't permissable, and I am sure they'll have the caveat (same as National Express etc) that they can request anyone not to drink on their service. If you plan on drinking too much, then I am sure BTP will have no problems with arresting for drunk in a public place or utilising one of their bye laws to ruin your day.

That kinda answers your coach question also, if they request you don't drink on that service then they're within their right to prevent you from travelling or terminating your journey at a safe and convenient spot should they wish to. This is not limited to sporting events.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/57" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1985/57</a>

This suggests that our hired 9 seater has to be alcohol free.

Re: Cool as Duck/or other?

have you got a copy of this

41GMSGJY8SL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

1. The Blue Army Orchestra -
2. The Station Crew -
3. Rufus Stone -
4. Rufus Stone -
5. Rufus Stone -
6. Candy Man -
7. The Blue Army Orchestra -
8. The Blue Army Orchestra -
9. The Blue Army Orchestra -
10. K9’s -
11. The City Boys -
12. Mc Massive Fc -
13. Media Junkies -
14. Hype! -
15. Jon Christos -
16. Super Sub Feat. Skipper Mc -
17. Steve Penk And The Station Crew -
18. The Eastlands Choir -
19. G-Lock -
20. Jon Christos -

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.