Wenger again...

Another day another chance for Wenger to complain about us to the media. He's such a lying hypocrite.

Funnily I was on some other football site and fans from lots of clubs were saying about how all they hear is Wenger, Van Gaal, Rodgers and Mourinho in the press then suddenly it dawned on them they hadn't heard anything from Pellegrini and how little coverage we get as champions.

I love the response from MP in todays press conference. ' too busy dealing with my own team to discuss others' Class... If only Brenda, Jose and Arse would take note.

Hart of the matter said:
I love the response from MP in todays press conference. ' too busy dealing with my own team to discuss others' Class... If only Brenda, Jose and Arse would take note.
The press must hate him.

1BUimXW.gif

schfc6 said:
This man is a joke. Every day. He's like a bitter rag.

Now we tapped up Sagna. Or so he 'thinks' maybe.

From MEN.

Arsene Wenger has hinted that City may have 'tapped up' defender Bacary Sagna.

The Frenchman joined the Blues on a free transfer this summer following the expiry of his final contract with the Gunners.

But Wenger believes Sagna ran down his deal after becoming aware of interest from City long before the last six months of his stay - the period in which negotiations with other clubs are permitted.

"Why did he go to City? You should ask him that question," he said.

"I made him a proposal to stay and he chose Man City. Did he choose that a long time ago? Maybe. It looks like to me it was agreed a long time ago.

"There is always an element of disappointment because he came here as an unknown and he became a French international.

"But I respect Sagna a lot because until the last day of his contract he was super-professional.

"He decided to go somewhere else but he was ready to die on the football pitch and I respect that. Ideally I would have loved him to stay."

I can understand why the club don't want to get involved with tittle tattle like this but i just wish for once that we would put the frighteners up the media by threatening legal action. Wenger has been clever as usual with his words but this publication have come straight out with the bit in bold, making it look like we tapped sagna up. We should threaten to sue them and leave the bickering over what was said and not said between them and wenger.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
The footballing world has changed a great deal in the last nine years.

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4669433.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 669433.stm</a>
Well played GDM, well played.
fohl39.jpg

I think it is time for our lawyers to slap a little law suit on Mr. Bitters desk and do him for slander. That is a huge accusation to make and if it were true then we would be in breach of transfer rules and regulations and could be fined. The fact is Nasri, Clichy or whoever else may have had a conversation to say we want you at City, they like you as a player etc. That goes on all the time. You always see transfers where the players clearly were aware of interest previously. Sagna turned down the opportunity to extend his contract and wants to compete for the league and other trophies at a club he feels is better equipped to do so. I suppose Wenger's purchase of Cesc Fabregas was perfectly within the laws of the game when it happened?

supercity88 said:
I think it is time for our lawyers to slap a little law suit on Mr. Bitters desk and do him for slander. That is a huge accusation to make and if it were true then we would be in breach of transfer rules and regulations and could be fined. The fact is Nasri, Clichy or whoever else may have had a conversation to say we want you at City, they like you as a player etc. That goes on all the time. You always see transfers where the players clearly were aware of interest previously. Sagna turned down the opportunity to extend his contract and wants to compete for the league and other trophies at a club he feels is better equipped to do so. I suppose Wenger's purchase of Cesc Fabregas was perfectly within the laws of the game when it happened?

Unless we did tap him up, which tbh wouldn't be a complete surprise. The thing which is annoying me about it is the sheer hypocrisy from Wenger. He's done what he's accusing us of on numerous occasions and he knows it.

The real reason behind his anger and resentment towards City isn't our transfer policy. Its our place in the top 4 and the threat that brings to Arsenal.
So far they've scraped through by the skin of their teeth for the last few seasons, and he knows its getting tougher.
He's already had to panic buy players for inflated sums and he blames us for this. I suspect the competition for 4th this year is weighing heavily on him, and a ball is yet to be kicked.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if he has some kind of meltdown during the season and this year may well be his last at Arsenal.
If he does have a spectacular meltdown, I hope its at the Etihad after we've just stuffed them with a Lampard winner, and I hope its in front of the cameras so we can all enjoy it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.