Wenger,an absolute disgrace

Blue Haze said:
citykev28 said:
Blue Haze said:
If they miss out on the CL, they'll have lost money.

The Arsenal ownership are a disgrace to allow the team to be debased by selling to domestic rivals, and Wenger is their official apologist.

If they'd kept him this season, they'd have lost £24 million and not had him next season, thus risking missing out albeit a year later but £24 million down.

It wasn't a bad decision to sell him and City fans are simply upset that he went to United. If he'd joined us, there wouldn't be a thread on here moaning what a disgrace Wenger is despite it being an identical situation.

Nah. Thought Wenger was a disgrace long before Van Persie. We laugh every summer when he sells his best players.

No club with any self respect would sell off all their best players to their rivals, RVP or no. Hell, they diluted the talent at Arsenal so badly we cannot even call them rivals anymore. They miss out on the CL, they'll wish they didn't. We've seen how hard it is to join the CL club.

Bit arrogant really to say a quality team like Arsenal aren't rivals any more. How long have we been rivals? 3 years? And were we really rivals of theirs before then?

A lot of Arsenal fans are very unhappy about his comments, who can blame us really? Not a sensible comment to make. Arsenal knew he was leaving before they signed any of the 3 players they did. Maybe not when we signed Podolski but definitely when we signed the other two.

Arsenalfan23 said:
A lot of Arsenal fans are very unhappy about his comments, who can blame us really? Not a sensible comment to make. Arsenal knew he was leaving before they signed any of the 3 players they did. Maybe not when we signed Podolski but definitely when we signed the other two.

If you miss out on the Champions League, the revenue you lose could be more than what you sold Van Persie (who would have ensured you qualified) for... which could have made the whole sale pointless. I know it's not the "Arsenal way" but the club should have dug their heels in and kept him until the end of the contract, there would also have been the slight chance he might have changed his mind and decided to stay in that year.

LoveCity said:
Arsenalfan23 said:

If you miss out on the Champions League, the revenue you lose could be more than what you sold Van Persie (who would have ensured you qualified) for... which could have made the whole sale pointless. I know it's not the "Arsenal way" but the club should have dug their heels in and kept him until the end of the contract, there would also have been the slight chance he might have changed his mind and decided to stay in that year.

That view is shared by the majority of Arsenal fans (keeping him and making sure we qualified etc) but the thing is, would we have signed the players we did? Would van persie have remained motivated? and also, if we didn't strengthen beyond last season, other teams did and it would have been difficult to maintain top 4 anyway.

In an ideal world, he stays + sign the three that we did and that sets us up nicely. With him and the other players we bought in, who knows what could have happened? We could have competed and he may have had a change of heart. But the club are not interested and clearly f*cking clueless/out of touch.

It's also hard to believe he wouldn't remain motivated because he'd be playing for a big contract + signing on fee elsewhere. And also, it seemed to me he really cared about the club in his time here. That's up for debate now of course.

It's point blank scandalous in my opinion. If it was the absolute last option, then it would almost be forgivable. They sold him to United when there were other options. Yet now, after selling their number one player to their traditional rivals, they are willing to change their pay policy to accommodate Theo Fucking Walcott?? Its Orwellian.

I would love nothing more than to see Arsenal miss out on the CL and lose a hell of a lot more than 24M for this stupidity. I almost wonder if it was a conscious gesture against City considering we prized Nasri, Clichy, Adebayor, and Kolo away from them in the past few years. Considering he was willing to lie about a ridiculous 300,000/week offer from us (utter nonsense), it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Arsenal fans should be tearing that french chunt limb from limb tomorrow. He's brought them a few good years, and is now leading them on a plunge toward being a solid mid-table club, all while charging them two arms and a leg to watch it all unfold.

Dethred said:
It's point blank scandalous in my opinion. If it was the absolute last option, then it would almost be forgivable. They sold him to United when there were other options.

I would love nothing more than to see Arsenal miss out on the CL and lose a hell of a lot more than 24M for this stupidity. I almost wonder if it was a conscious gesture against City considering we prized Nasri, Clichy, Adebayor, and Kolo away from them in the past few years. Considering he was willing to lie about a ridiculous 300,000/week offer from us (utter nonsense), it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Arsenal fans should be tearing that french chunt limb from limb tomorrow.

There was no gesture against City. He wanted to go there, this has been said by both Ferguson and Wenger. In fact, I can safely say we'd have probably rather sold to City anyway.

Arsenalfan23 said:
There was no gesture against City. He wanted to go there, this has been said by both Ferguson and Wenger. In fact, I can safely say we'd have probably rather sold to City anyway.

Funny, I've always thought the club ultimately gets to choose where a player goes. I'm sure they could have pawned him off to another league entirely for nearly the same price. Even if it was 5 Million less, that seems like a small price to pay for not awarding your arch rivals their 20th title.

There is no logic. Selling to United was not even close to the only option and everyone knows it. Even Fergiscum was surprised that your club was so stupid.

Dethred said:
Arsenalfan23 said:

Funny, I've always thought the club ultimately gets to choose where a player goes. I'm sure they could have pawned him off to another league entirely for nearly the same price. Even if it was 5 Million less, that seems like a small price to pay for not awarding your arch rivals their 20th title.

There is no logic. Selling to United was not even close to the only option and everyone knows it. Even Fergiscum was surprised that your club was so stupid.

I'm not denying it was the wrong decision by the club but it was not a gesture against City for us to sell him to United at all. You are really underestimating player power here, 90% of the time, a player goes where he wants to go and that's the sad fact of it.

You wouldn't be saying this had he signed for you and you were the ones 7 points clear due to his goals. It would have been a stupid decision to sell him to either United or City, not just United but to claim it was a gesture against City is wrong.

plattlaneregular said:
Blue Haze said:
citykev28 said:
If they'd kept him this season, they'd have lost £24 million and not had him next season, thus risking missing out albeit a year later but £24 million down.

It wasn't a bad decision to sell him and City fans are simply upset that he went to United. If he'd joined us, there wouldn't be a thread on here moaning what a disgrace Wenger is despite it being an identical situation.

Nah. Thought Wenger was a disgrace long before Van Persie. We laugh every summer when he sells his best players.

No club with any self respect would sell off all their best players to their rivals, RVP or no. Hell, they diluted the talent at Arsenal so badly we cannot even call them rivals anymore. They miss out on the CL, they'll wish they didn't. We've seen how hard it is to join the CL club.

Bit arrogant really to say a quality team like Arsenal aren't rivals any more. How long have we been rivals? 3 years? And were we really rivals of theirs before then?

Only about 3 years, like you say.

Not claiming that City are a bigger club than Arsenal. The sheikh's coming was God or luck, whichever you believe in. Their drifting down the table is because of Kroenke's greed.

Arsenalfan23 said:
I'm not denying it was the wrong decision by the club but it was not a gesture against City for us to sell him to United at all. You are really underestimating player power here, 90% of the time, a player goes where he wants to go and that's the sad fact of it.

You wouldn't be saying this had he signed for you and you were the ones 7 points clear due to his goals. It would have been a stupid decision to sell him to either United or City, not just United but to claim it was a gesture against City is wrong.

Players will have a preference, and if the club receives the prescribed transfer fee then its off to said club. That being said, United are historic rivals to Arsenal, and your fellow fans weren't exactly being done any favors by such a move. It would be like City running out of time on Yaya Toure, and then a year before his contract ends, let him go to United when we could just sell him to Barca or Madrid for the same or higher asking price.

If he had signed for city, it would have been less of a slap in the face to Arsenal fans and the league as a whole. A sale to us would have been less than ideal for Arsenal, but not like signing for United. Combined with his blatant false comments about us offering that ridiculous wage, the fact that he sold to an historic rival when there were other options, AND the fact that he knew it would probably give United the title over City, broadcasts out loud that he was probably motivated to hurt us. Let's be realistic here, if it was all about Arsenal getting as much money as possible before he left on a free transfer, then they would have gone back to us and offered him for a few million more (which would probably have been accepted).

If we're honest, Arsenal are not title rivals to either us or United, so the only skin in the game they have is their historic rivalry with United and bad feelings towards us for luring their players away. They clearly thought the history between the clubs was less of a factor than the negatives they hold towards us from recent transfers. They allowed their best chance of finishing in the top four to be sold to their historic rivals for what was probably a lower sum than they could have negotiated out of us................ but it wasn't a gesture against City?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.