were not all mancs

Bert Trautmanns Neck Brace said:
Pam said:
How did you come to be a blue, Bert?

My grandad was born and brought up in Northenden, he took me to Maine Road as a nipper and that was that! Still can't remember who we played, I was only 5! Followed the blues ever since, and started to travel to games as soon as I was old enough! My first under my own steam was Man City V........ Blackpool in league 1! My lad is also a blue, and now season ticket holders in North Stand block 233!

Thank God you dodged the Tangerined ones.

Pam said:
My grandad was born and brought up in Northenden, he took me to Maine Road as a nipper and that was that! Still can't remember who we played, I was only 5! Followed the blues ever since, and started to travel to games as soon as I was old enough! My first under my own steam was Man City V........ Blackpool in league 1! My lad is also a blue, and now season ticket holders in North Stand block 233!

Thank God you dodged the Tangerined ones.

My dad took me as a child to watch Blackpool as we couldn't afford to travel to Manchester regularly.

The pain still haunts me today.......

In 1999 i took my son of 8 years, and a customer and good friend with his 8 year old son to the play off final at Wembley. Now Paul was a big Chelsea fan but he moved away from London in 1997, and his son was born in Kirkham, Lancs, which is his work place and where he met his wife.
Following that game at Wembley, and the fact the boys met Noel from Oasis, Paul's lad is a massive blue, and in the literal sence as hes now 6'6". Paul still blames me for the heroics City performed that day, and the fact that his dream of bringing his lad up as a Chelsea fan lay in tatters on the strengh of that what great game. For all Chelsea's success, and our lack of it that lad has stayed City through and through. He's as much a blue as me and my lad who were born and bred in Manchester 22.

Couldnt be anything else.End of !!! When I see another blue walking down the street, do callout "Alright there Blue".Usaually get a nod of the head or smile.Have had a snippet of "Bluemoon" from one or two.

Pam said:
My roots are in Manchester, but am Blackpool born and bred. Supported City since I was old enough to get bullied about it! Blue through and through and, Yes, I did support City when we were shit!

Nice one, Bert. How did you come to be a blue,

-- Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:51 pm --

On a general note, I love it when I hear about City fans from far flung places. It means we're famous.

Generally means we had move away for money (work) but never left City. BTW - I am from Huddersfield and in my 42nd year actively supporting City - accepted by the ones who know me in Manchester but despised by the selected few on the internet.

born and bred in stoke fisrt match ever went was stoke v city . In them days as the older 1's will know the away fans used to stand in the "stoke end " which wasnt seggregated (sp) so most of the time you could mix a little and (its haed to explain really ) but talking and hearing city fans it just fitted with me seemed to suit my personality I hope this makes some kind of sense but I know what i mean

belfast born and bred, started going to matches when i lived in manchester. does that make me a faux manc? ;)

I have met blues from all over the uk ...not all of them with Manchester roots but what i have allways found is that no matter where they are from they are allways as passionate about City as any Mancunian...a lot of them have lived surrounded by Chelsea Arsenal and rag fans giving them shit for many years probably the ony blue in a sea of plastic rags...at least in Manc blues have fellow blues at work etc

Many have followed City for for 20-30-40-50 years i know one old boy no connection with Manc who has been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and been watching us for over 60 years probably missing no more than50 games at home and thats with a round trip of 240 miles thousands of blues travel thousands of miles a year,just travel up the M6 when we are at home and the amount of City fans driving up north would suprise many

just go in the Townley before a game and there will be southeners from the thames vally branch and a bus load of blues from Cheltenham

We run a minibus up from Plymouth for every home game. Been doing it now for decades. One of the lads sets off from lands end and we pick up throughout Devon on the way up. Some of the lads have Manchester ties but most of them are just mad and started supporting City for all sorts of wonderful reasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.