were not all mancs

East Belfast Blue for now on 43 years i have been travelling over for games since 1975. i had to run the gauntlet of the rags and dippers althrough my school days so lets hope it's payback time. also sir malcolm the lads from Newtonards used to travel over with me through the seventies and eighties.
CTID.

East Belfast Blue for now on 43 years i have been travelling over for games since 1975. i had to run the gauntlet of the rags and dippers althrough my school days so lets hope it's payback time. also sir malcolm the lads from Newtonards used to travel over with me through the seventies and eighties.
CTID.

Nice one Belfast Blue..Living in Northern Ireland with a Manchester accent i,m always getting asked "where are you from"?,the reply is always "oh,a united fan then"?..after a 10 minute tirade that same person is left in no doubt i am a Blue!

Compared to most on here I am a Newbie. I am in Cardiff and can guarantee I have the most pathetic reason for beginning to support city. When my son was about 6 and getting into football he started supporting Chelsea and wanted me to pick a team to support, city were on t.v and I said, I'll have them. I watched the next few games to humour my son and have been obsessed ever since. I have failed as a mother though, son still supports Chelsea!

I was born in Stockport and lived in High Lane until I was 2 and a half. I lived in Deeping St James near Peterborough until I was 16, then Cramlington in Northumberland ever since (including three years at Man Met Uni).

The rest of my family are Newcastle United fans but ever since I was young enough to know my own mind I've supported City. I have a season ticket and travel from Northumberland for every home game.

Two reasons I'm not a real blue.

1. I only became a blue when I told my Mum to get me a Chelsea bag for school, and she said "how will I ever remember that name", and I said its easy, "they are the all blue team, so get me an all blue bag". She came back with a City bag, and I didn't have the courage to tell her to go get another one.

2. I've only been to one City game, and that was only because Shady gave me his season ticket. Villa last year at CoMS (good choice huh?).

Two reasons I won't apologize.

1. Item "1" above happened in 1969, and I've been paying ever since.

2. I've had to get up at horrible hours to watch them on TV from places like Kenya and Afghanistan and Uganda and Pakistan--for all you boys who were able to go to Mary's to drown your sorrows, its no fun being beaten by rags at 3 a.m. in a country where nobody understands why you care about City.

So now I"m in the States, and heading to see them play Sporting Lisbon next week-end, with my seven year old daughter, and I may never tell her how I became a city fan at her age--it would just ruin it.

essex boy through and through! been a city fan since 67 (age 7) dont go as much as i'd like but been to some great games kinkladze goal, colin bells come back, fc twente away about 1978ish, arrested at the leeds match the one with the horses on the pitch!... and plenty of crap games!!<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:40 am --<br /><br />essex boy through and through! been a city fan since 67 (age 7) dont go as much as i'd like but been to some great games kinkladze goal, colin bells come back, fc twente away about 1978ish, arrested at the leeds match the one with the horses on the pitch!... and plenty of crap games!!

Are some of you finally getting your heads around what we have taken the piss out of United for ages?

People outside of Greater Manchester love our club and this will grow I'm sure in the next few years.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/3pm/Which-member-of-the-Royal-Family-is-a-Manchester-City-fan-Plus-West-Ham-s-fatties-get-a-pizza-the-action-3PM-column-article412959.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion ... 12959.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.