were not all mancs

Norway blue! I know I'm not nearly as good and important fan as you from England, but my team has always been Manchester City. And I enjoy being part of this forum and community, although it can get a bit ugly sometimes. When I grew up everyone here was supporting the rags which I hated with a passion, everything about that team and supports disgusted me. There where also a small number of liverpool and arsenal fans.

City is the light, the rags are cheating evil thugs, thats the way I've always seen it. And its the goddamn truth.

From Bermuda and have followed City since Goater joined in 1998 I believe. Was kind of upset by the way he was treated in the final years of his City career but that's life. Many Bermudians follow city for the same reason and are very excited at the new project ahead. Considering Bermuda is so small rivalries in football aren't too serious so it's kind of hard to understand the hatred you guys have towards other clubs mind you.

bluevengence said:
I have met blues from all over the uk ...not all of them with Manchester roots but what i have allways found is that no matter where they are from they are allways as passionate about City as any Mancunian...a lot of them have lived surrounded by Chelsea Arsenal and rag fans giving them shit for many years probably the ony blue in a sea of plastic rags...at least in Manc blues have fellow blues at work etc

Many have followed City for for 20-30-40-50 years i know one old boy no connection with Manc who has been a season ticket holder for over 30 years and been watching us for over 60 years probably missing no more than50 games at home and thats with a round trip of 240 miles thousands of blues travel thousands of miles a year,just travel up the M6 when we are at home and the amount of City fans driving up north would suprise many

just go in the Townley before a game and there will be southeners from the thames vally branch and a bus load of blues from Cheltenham

Hopefully that bus will be picking me and the daugther up from Worcester for the night games this season.

I think this year will be the one where I offically become non-manc rather than manc in exile as my time away from manchester will finally overtake the first 16 years of my life.

Bermyboy said:
From Bermuda and have followed City since Goater joined in 1998 I believe. Was kind of upset by the way he was treated in the final years of his City career but that's life. Many Bermudians follow city for the same reason and are very excited at the new project ahead. Considering Bermuda is so small rivalries in football aren't too serious so it's kind of hard to understand the hatred you guys have towards other clubs mind you.

Goater was badly treated by KK for some reason - however, to the overwhelming majority of blues, the guy is a legend

I was born in Leeds, bred in Leeds and have never lived in Manchester.

My mum is from Leeds as is the rest of her family, my Dad is from Salford as is the rest of his family and they met at Lancaster Uni and settled in Leeds. (If only my Dad had a stronger fist I could likely have been a Mancunian) *sighs*.

Though it's not all bad, I've had a season ticket since we moved to CoMS (7 years now, this coming season will be my 8th) stuck by the team during the Pearce error and also went to half a dozen games in the last season at Maine Road including the 3-1 home derby, where Neville spat on himself, Goater scored 2 and Anelka with 1 aswell as of course, the last ever game to be played at Maine Road, Southampton where typical City, we lost 0-1 despite hitting the crossbar.

(Before anyone moans about me not being arsed during the hard times in the 3rd tier of English football, Alan Ball times etc etc, I'm 13 and it wasn't realistic). Watched them all on the tele though, not knowing a thing! I'm blue through and through and I'm City 'til I die - that is for sure.

Im not a manc, im originally from Darn Sarf. but I follow city and the longer I do the more devout I become :)

I spend far to much time on these forums, infact my wife who is a life long city fan takes the piss out of me for it. lol.

LCBblue said:

My mum is from Leeds as is the rest of her family, my Dad is from Salford as is the rest of his family and they met at Lancaster Uni and settled in Leeds. (If only my Dad had a stronger fist I could likely have been a Mancunian) *sighs*.

Though it's not all bad, I've had a season ticket since we moved to CoMS (7 years now, this coming season will be my 8th) stuck by the team during the Pearce error and also went to half a dozen games in the last season at Maine Road including the 3-1 home derby, where Neville spat on himself, Goater scored 2 and Anelka with 1 aswell as of course, the last ever game to be played at Maine Road, Southampton where typical City, we lost 0-1 despite hitting the crossbar.

(Before anyone moans about me not being arsed during the hard times in the 3rd tier of English football, Alan Ball times etc etc, I'm 13 and it wasn't realistic). Watched them all on the tele though, not knowing a thing! I'm blue through and through and I'm City 'til I die - that is for sure.

Thanks for the life story.

Any news on the biography you're releasing?

;-)

mcfcliam said:
LCBblue said:

Thanks for the life story.

Any news on the biography you're releasing?

;-)

Don't you mean auto-biography?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.