We're Top of the League

We can do it

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
The way we play away I doubt anyone would bet their last penny on us winning the league.

We can still do it IF the rags start to drop points. We have to be within 3 points and have better or at least equal goal difference going into that game.

The way we play away and the way Arsenal are playing I cant see us getting one point there never mind 3! They are the best side we have played at home this season in my opinion.

I agree Arsenal were the best side we played at home this season! When we go there they will be relishing beating us with there crowd fully behind em from start to finish(no moaning for a change) plus it looks like they will finish top four so no pressure what so ever on em if we win there or get a point it will be a tremendous result

Re: We can do it

As I have said a few times today on here, we have made silly mistakes this season by losing or drawing games that we would have scored 6 or 7 in at the beginning of the season.

What I cannot fathom, is why the general concensus (and forgive/feel free to correct me if you feel I am wrong) amongst fans on here is that United are some unstoppable war-machine who will not drop a point before the end of the season. Anyone who has seen my earlier posts will know that I do not think United will have it their own way tomorrow - I don't want to put that onto another thread and bore people, but that is my belief.

We have been better all season, overall. And they know that we still are, and it upsets them. Hence why Ferguson periodically opens his nasty, bitter, decaying whisky-mouth to spout some shit about us. What was that he said the other day, about us being "desperate to see Tevez return?". As a squad, we have no need for desperation, and without Tevez since September, we have, give or take a few results that now make the difference, torn through this league.

I'm a huge believer in Mancini too. I was terrified when he first took charge, but now and then the man shows tactical genius. He is, and will improve, like us. Bet you never thought he'd bring us our first silverware in 30 odd years when he came, right?

I believe, I bet some of the players still believe, Mancini believes, and I fucking bet Ferguson does too. Hes dreading April 30th and wants it over by then.

Believe, please!

yes we can. We are top of the league right now an I we have maintain our focus and keep our eyes on the prize

When All Is Said And Done, Our Away Form Has Cost Us The....

title, if we do end up losing it.

It has nothing to do with Sir.

Fulham 2-2. 2 points dropped.
Chelsea. 2-1. 3 points dropped.
WBA 0-0. 2 points dropped.
Liverpool. 1-1. 2 points dropped.
Sunderland. 1-0. 3 points dropped.
Everton 1-0. 3 points dropped.
Swansea. 1-0. 3 points dropped
Stoke. 1-1. 2 points dropped.

19 points dropped in total.

It doesn't matter if you win all you home games like we have, if you're going to lose and draw so many away games, and in the process drop so many points away from home, Manchester United will eventually..........

Another glaring fact is we've only managed to score more than 1 goal in any of those away games.

United haven't won the title if they do, we've lost it due to our away form

Re: When All Is Said And Done, Our Away Form Has Cost Us The....

The fulham away game stands out to me, I was gutted that we let a two goal slip. Could be important for the end of the season.

Re: When All Is Said And Done, Our Away Form Has Cost Us The....

jrb said:
Fulham 2-2. 2 points dropped.
Chelsea. 2-1. 3 points dropped.
WBA 0-0. 2 points dropped.
Liverpool. 1-1. 2 points dropped.
Sunderland. 1-0. 3 points dropped.
Everton 1-0. 3 points dropped.
Swansea. 1-0. 3 points dropped
Stoke. 1-1. 2 points dropped.

20 points dropped in total.

Fulham 2-2 (foul on Dzeko leading to their first)
Chelsea. 2-1 (penalty that would have potentially made it 2-0 not given)
WBA 0-0 (onside goal disallowed)
Liverpool. 1-1 (reina allowed to stay on after deliberate handball outside the box)
Sunderland. 1-0 (offside goal given)
Everton 1-0 (foul on Dzeko not given again, Drenthe GBH)
Swansea. 1-0 (better team won fair and square)
Stoke. 1-1 (foul on Barry before Crouch goal not given)

I'm more confident about arsenal than i was against stoke, i dont think we'll be attacking a ten men wall in the final third against them.

TevezAguero said:
yes we can. We are top of the league right now an I we have maintain our focus and keep our eyes on the prize

Good man/woman. I feel that after the confidence-improving FA Cup triumph last year, our players may have installed a mentality that allows them to see themselves as more than just "4th-spot-chasing Man City", who everybody likes as a second team due to their endearing manner of fucking things up. With certain players, notably Hart, Kompany, Zabaleta, Yaya Toure and Aguero, I think there is an undeniable hunger to win that league sooner, rather than later.

I wouldn't like to 10000% say "we WILL definitely, certainly win the league this year", but I would place money that those players I just named, as well as more, want to win it sooner rather than later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.