Were we lucky not to have any of our games postponed?

I feel we have been lucky now that we have completed all our Christmas fixtures and received maximum points. I may have felt differently if we had dropped points.

That we won all our games says that we could not have done any better but I don't think luck came into it. I don't think we realise how difficult things have been and how the lads have really dug deep and shown real mental strength. Our performance yesterday has come in for sniping criticism but it turns out that our squad has been/still is weakened by covid and fixture congestion and we were up against a squad has played only one game in the time we had played 3. So well done lads and congratulations to those fans who made it to the (dirty oil?) Emirates in time for the ludicrous 12.30 kick off on a Bank Holiday to cheer our lads on. And a special thought for Jao Cancelo who played and put in a shift after a real bugger of a time.

Lucky that we played our scheduled games? No, I don't think so.
Pep has managed the squad perfectly, we've had to dig in for the last two games but had enough in the tank to get the results.
If we had missed some games, we'd have been called lucky to have a ten day break. The perception toward us is also negative anyway, that we've somehow cheated the system.
We played the games we were scheduled to play, and we won them. No luck involved.
I would say that with the gap we've opened up, the Chelsea/Liverpool game has come at a perfect moment for us.

I think City have played a blinder in not announcing any Covid cases and playing all their games according to the schedule, we have the points in the bag, the pressure is on Liverpool and Chelsea to make that back up now, if we keep winning the pressure only increases on then and of course, prepare yourselves for Klipperty whinge fest about fixture congestion as his side fails to close the gap.

Whatever it is, loads went in our favour over the last month - even VAR.
They say the harder you work, the luckier you get (Gary Player, the golfer I think) - this is just reward being earned by incredible management and players with a fantastic attitude, all loving their work. Doing what they have over the Christmas holiday period, under pressure, is incredible - couldn't have been bettered, and under difficult circumstances. (Injuries;covid restrictions; festivities; more distant away games - Newcastle and London twice - and even a bloody assault and burglary!)

No such thing as luck. You play your best and that is it. Better the points than trying to fit in games in hand. Having a descent squad to rotate is the key. 9 points from the 3 games doesn’t get any better than that. CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.