Wesley Sneijder 15m / Van der Vaart 12m / Robben 15m

With Robben, I don't see him leaving until they (inevitably) sign Ribery next year. In regards to him playing for us if we went in for him, if we did I think we'd see more of Robinho used in the forwards rotation or in the AM role. Would be interesting to see how he would fit, would probably shuffle Ireland rightwards and SWP to the bench, with Barry deep and Robinho forward. Not sure it would work though, but it would certainly be worth a try.

Having players like Robben would be a luxury though, one I can't see us having the minutes to allow until we have Champions League football.

Dobsy87 said:
BECAUSE THEY WOULD ALL WANT FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL AND WE DON'T HAVE ANY FIRST TEAM PLACES AVAILABLE.

Would you drop Ireland for VDV or sneijder?

Would you drop Robinho for Robben?

If you say yes to either, you're a moron.

Would any of them be willing to come to a team not in the Champions League as A BACKUP PLAYER? NO!

This question has been asked for weeks, and answered repeatedly, so please STOP.

Don't really have a choice do we? ;)

if Petrov continues to sulk as has been reported and ends up leaving, and we pick injuries to either Robbi, Barry, Ireland or SWP we start to look short on creative players, Vinnie and De Jong won't give us that, I'd love us to pick up one of the these 3, come to think of it, I wonder if Real would do a 3 for the price of 2 deal!

Dobsy87 said:
BECAUSE THEY WOULD ALL WANT FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL AND WE DON'T HAVE ANY FIRST TEAM PLACES AVAILABLE.

Would any of them be willing to come to a team not in the Champions League as A BACKUP PLAYER? NO!

This question has been asked for weeks, and answered repeatedly, so please STOP.

I am not the one they have to impress, just the manager. There should be competition for EVERY place. NO ONE is bigger than the team and name one big club that have the same lineup week-in, week-out. I was under the impression that this was the goal, to have at least 2 world-class players for EVERY position.

I am a moron, Snjieder is a far better player than Ireland and I would prefer Van Der Vaart to Ireland as well. Who is guaranteed first team football anyway?

I am a moron, Snjieder is a far better player than Ireland and I would prefer Van Der Vaart to Ireland as well. Who is guaranteed first team football anyway?

Dobsy87 said:

What about drop de Jong for sneijder with Barry and Ireland in more defensive positions

Fesan said:
Why are we not in for these players?? They are going at bare bottom prices as RM are desperate to sell.

Yes, our midfield is packed but if Ireland gets injured and Michael Johnson is not back yet we do not have any decent cover for the attacking midfielder spot now that Elano is gone.
Robben, arguably one of the best left wingers (if we sell petrov).
Sneijder one of the best central and left sided midfielders and Van der vaart a great, great attacking mid. All got Europe and bigleage experience and they are going for half the price of lescott!:P

What do you guys think, why are we not trying to get one of these guys?

I totally agree, if we want world class names then why not go for these class players. Sneijder is utterley brilliant and his free kicks are great. would like to see robben aswell as he played great with chelsea.

you never know what may happen on the last day on transfer window.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.