Wesley Sneijder 15m / Van der Vaart 12m / Robben 15m

city diehard said:
Dobsy87 said:
BECAUSE THEY WOULD ALL WANT FIRST TEAM FOOTBALL AND WE DON'T HAVE ANY FIRST TEAM PLACES AVAILABLE.

Would you drop Ireland for VDV or sneijder?

Would you drop Robinho for Robben?

If you say yes to either, you're a moron.

Would any of them be willing to come to a team not in the Champions League as A BACKUP PLAYER? NO!

This question has been asked for weeks, and answered repeatedly, so please STOP.
What about drop de Jong for sneijder with Barry and Ireland in more defensive positions

Yeah and let's put SWP at right back while we're on it. Also, just heard Adebayors world class in goal...

There's a reason these guys are being offloaded from RM. If we want backup players, I'd rather have young talent on the bench than some excess-to-requirements 'world class' players for positions we excel in anyway.

I agree that we might have better first team choices but we dont have that great depth in the Attacking midfielder position should Ireland/SWP get injured.

Look at the striker position, if we hadnt bought Santa Cruz allready and I said "Why are we not in for another strong striker?" Would you all tell me that we dont need anotherone cause we got Ade?

We need just as good a coverage at the AMidfielder spot as anywhere else if we are to get into top4.
In defence we got great coverage in almost all spots (left back only weak spot?).
Defensive midfielders we got plenty. Left wingers we got two great options (unless we sell petrov). Right wingers we got a few decent backup options. Offensive minded midfielders we got... Ireland? I guess SWP can play there too, but havent done as good there as on the wing IMO. We could also go with two holding midfielders but that does not suit the style we want to play against all oponents does it?

Might be wise to go for a player who is more willing to spend time on the bench than Sneijder is, but at the same time we need competition for all spots. And we need that type of player are we to get into top4 in my opinion.

According to Spanish paper AS today, Sneijder has rejected both Internazionale and.................Manchester United.

He must still believe he is still in with a chance of staying with Real Madrid and getting minutes on the pitch.

id take VDV in a heartbeat.

...........................................given...........................................
zabaleta.................onouha.................toure........................bridge
.........................................de jong...........................................
....................ireland...........................barry...............................
..........................................VDV.............................................
......................................................robinho.............................
.................................adebayor...............................................

sooner we realise robinho isnt a LM the better. we need to free him to be more attacking and create those moments of brilliance

Nice formation, giving us trouble with all the strikers we got though, unless you can rotate in Tevez/Bellamy at the Robinho spot. (although I feel Robbie has done very well on the left flank, and I think he will have LOTS of assists with such good strikers infront of him this season).

Would rather have Sneijder than VDV though:-) Think he is a better Offensive mid, more versatile, better longshot and better setpieces:-)

you could play snjeider and ireland easily, drop De jong.

------------Given---------
Zabeleta-Toure-Onouha-Bridge
-------ireland---barry--------
Tevez-----Snjeider-----Robinho
-----------Adebyor-------

De Jong, Kompany, Petrov, RSC, Weiss, Bellamy, Richards....

sorted!

Fesan said:
Why are we not in for these players?? They are going at bare bottom prices as RM are desperate to sell.

Yes, our midfield is packed but if Ireland gets injured and Michael Johnson is not back yet we do not have any decent cover for the attacking midfielder spot now that Elano is gone.
Robben, arguably one of the best left wingers (if we sell petrov).
Sneijder one of the best central and left sided midfielders and Van der vaart a great, great attacking mid. All got Europe and bigleage experience and they are going for half the price of lescott!:P

What do you guys think, why are we not trying to get one of these guys?

The problem is they want to play in the C/L, Sneijder is off to Inter, Van der vaart wife has cancer, and she wants to return to Germany to recover from it, and Robben has his own sicknote, and has stated he wants to play in the C/L.
Just get top 4 and these type of players would all join next season.

Sneijder is moving to inter from real now, reports Dutch football magazine VI. for 15m euro.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.