Wesley Sneijder - get it done

Project said:
Its a player of his ilk that we are missing, though preferably someone who is more of a CM than an AM. Someone who can pick out Aguero's quite brilliant runs from all areas of the pitch. Sneijder can do that but he really needs a couple of midfielders behind him. Doesn't have the discipline to play as a central two. DJ / Yaya / Sneijder could work very well. but I suspect his age and salary requirements will have us look elsewhere.

so your saying we don't have that now?? silva comes to mind and is a better player by far!

Project said:
dctid said:
Shauntheprofitmachine said:
As I notice he plays inbetween the strikers and the midfield, so would he slot in here, with Yaya deeper?

Barry/Martinez------Yaya
silva-----sneijder----nasri
--------Aguero---------

Almost in the role Tevez likes to play, or would he sit deeper and spray passes?

Personally i would sit him next to Yaya in a midfield 2 and allow both Yaya and Sneijder the opportunity to link up attacks - he has the engine to get up and down the pitch so be able to do it

he really doesn't.

He really really does but just to appease you he could sit in a teo with Yaya and Yaya could be the designated attacking player of the two

He could also sit in for Silva in case he is injured or suspended or kist needs a break he would provide an excellent cover for Yayas when he goes to ACON

He would improve the team but not sure his wage demands make him worth it

manillaman said:
Project said:
Its a player of his ilk that we are missing, though preferably someone who is more of a CM than an AM. Someone who can pick out Aguero's quite brilliant runs from all areas of the pitch. Sneijder can do that but he really needs a couple of midfielders behind him. Doesn't have the discipline to play as a central two. DJ / Yaya / Sneijder could work very well. but I suspect his age and salary requirements will have us look elsewhere.

so your saying we don't have that now?? silva comes to mind and is a better player by far!

Silva is miles better but Wes often delivers a better ball. He is more direct. Would add something to our squad but I don't think we will be interested in him.

He was one of the few Dutch players to perform, but this thread shares something with the striker threads on this board.......we don't need a World Class player in that position.

neddenklungel.gif

Ping.

Who knows what goes on behind the scens but for sure to accommodate Sneijder someone would have to make way. Poss the Nasri rumours may have have some weight but it wouldn't surprise me if Gareth Barry was the one to move over? However, we need a big squad with room for rotation if the Champions League is to be given a realistic crack nest season, just my opinion.

Marvin said:
He was one of the few Dutch players to perform, but this thread shares something with the striker threads on this board.......we don't need a World Class player in that position.

We don't need a world class player in that position!!! bit baffling that comment to me. So what you are actually stating is that in order to move to another level we should pass on signing a world class player that would bring in a wealth of experience for our defence of the league title and assault on the Champs League

manillaman said:
Project said:

He is a better player, but he isn't the same. We need a deep lying playmaker. Silva is brilliant but he very rarely pings the kind of balls I am talking about. With a Sneijder, Pirlo, Montolivo type player in the side Aguero would have reached 40 goals without a stretch. Silva doesn't play those long defence splitting diagonal balls where Aguero will often find space.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
Marvin said:

We don't need a world class player in that position!!! bit baffling that comment to me. So what you are actually stating is that in order to move to another level we should pass on signing a world class player that would bring in a wealth of experience for our defence of the league title and assault on the Champs League

If Silva doesn't perform, our season starts to go down the shitter. We need backup. Another creative player will get games alongside Silva & Nasri or as a replacement allowing us to keep them physically & mentally sharp enough to be inspirational rather than just grafting & flogging through the winter.

Project said:
manillaman said:
Project said:

He is a better player, but he isn't the same. We need a deep lying playmaker. Silva is brilliant but he very rarely pings the kind of balls I am talking about. With a Sneijder, Pirlo, Montolivo type player in the side Aguero would have reached 40 goals without a stretch. Silva doesn't play those long defence splitting diagonal balls where Aguero will often find space.

Spot on statement, We are not saying that Sneijder is a better player than Silva, Silva is absolute quality but to also have Sneijder lying in a slightly deeper role in the same team or as a replacement in order to rest Silva when required then it makes sense and you would be blind to not to see that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.