West Brom (a) League Cup pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never been so positive about watching City play. I just want us to play Arsenal at home, Tottenham away, United anywhere... I want to watch us thrash them all.

If Vinny is fit he should play, along with Danilo.

I would then hope, for the rest of the selections, Pep makes sure the side is balanced & strong, so if he does include any kids, they get to play in a fully functioning 'team', not a scratch one & the flow of the football remains.

I'd rest Vinny for this. There are bigger tests to come, and while I agree it is a trophy, it's fourth in our priorities - the title should be the main aim this season (though I assume for Pep and the board it's the CL, the title is more realistic).

.....................Bravo
....Otamendi.....Stones....Mangala
Danilo..............................Delph
..........Gundogan....Bernardo
...Sterling.......Jesus..........Sané

Huge pressure on us doing well in every comp this season so i expect a pretty strong side. Bravo, Danilo, Bernardo, Sterling, Gundogan and Sane will all definitely start i would have thought.

.....................................Bravo...........................

Danilo..................Kompany............Mangala....................Mendy

.....................................Gundogan...............................

Bernardo...........................Brahim...................................Sane

.............................Jesus..................Sterling...........................

Wouldn't be surprised if both Aguero and Jesus are on the bench or rested and we play Sane and Sterling up front with Bernardo behind them.

Bravo

Danilo
Adarabioyo
Mangala
Fernandinho

Delph

Foden
Diaz

Bernardo
Sané

Sterling

I don't think, after only a few minutes yesterday, Ilkay is ready to start yet. There's no rush; ease him back in gradually. I'd have him on the bench and give him half an hour.

I would pick a stronger team for this than the palace game
Palace very poor and it's at home
West Brom are a strong team and it's away
We need to keep winning
Might pick gundogan toure b silva etc
Certainly not tosin managala
Palace will be fighting for a lifeline and the WBA defence will need unlocking.
That said Premier League points are at a premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.