West Brom (A) Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday isn't that big a deal unless we actually win.

If we draw on Tuesday but lose in Germany we're still out, assuming BM do the double over Celtic. The match in Germany is the really big one. WBA has to be the priority match over Barca.

Disagree. We actually have a chance of beating Barca considering the amount of players they're missing.

I'm taking it pep see's it that way hence why we played a shit side on Wednesday

Would love to see Maffeo start, hoping we can finally find our finishing this game

My team

Bravo
Maffeo
Stones
Otamendi
Clichy
Fernandinho
Gundogan
Silva
Sterling
Nolito
Aguero

Plenty of firepower there, we will need it because these will try and do an Everton. I thought Kompany did okay this week but he is still rusty and if he is tired after 45 minutes he clearly isn't quite ready. Otamendi and Stones is probably our best pairing at the minute until Kompany is eased back. Was really impressed with Maffeo, he deserves a good run in for me. I'd have Garcia in too but he isn't quite Silva yet. Could be an important impact sub though for Gundogan later on. Obviously KDB would go in for Nolito potentially if he is fit but I don't think he will be.
I agree with all of that.

Lots of people predicting WBA will sit deep and try and frustrate us but then lots of line ups including Clichy. Doesn't make sense to me.

If you think the opposition are going to put us under considerable pressure in our half, I would understand not playing Kolarov. But against a parked bus he's the ideal left back.

Kolarov is a liability, always likely to cost you a goal whether its down to poor positioning, letting his man run, not closing down quickly enough or failing to control and clear simple balls into the box under fuck all pressure. I'd feel safer with Aguero at left back than Kolarov.

Disagree. We actually have a chance of beating Barca considering the amount of players they're missing.

I'm taking it pep see's it that way hence why we played a shit side on Wednesday
Hate to come across pessimistic but the optimistic view may be we can scrape a 0 - 0 draw. Given were not scoring more than 0.4 goals per game in the last 5 games means the chance of a win should be 10 to 1.

I'm not 100% convinced Gundogan is worthy of a starting place yet. So important we don't concede first today. We have to be more clinical in front of goal and it would be nice to see the players not constantly slipping over as has been our trait this season. Is it really so hard to choose the right studs especially with the all the kitmen and support staff on hand ?

He should try Kun and Iheanacho together when we have to unpark the bus ...
Cant see it away from home...he should use 3 at the back in the second half though and maybe change to 2 up front. I dont see Kelechi being good enough as a lone striker when the opposition is sitting back, his first touch puts Dzeko to shame, high hopes for him improving and becoming a top quality striker.

Bit disappointed that they are showing rag arse rovers over here in yankeeland after their thumping 1-0 win against the reserves this week.

Going to have to find a stream and they are generally shit.

I'm not 100% convinced Gundogan is worthy of a starting place yet. So important we don't concede first today. We have to be more clinical in front of goal and it would be nice to see the players not constantly slipping over as has been our trait this season. Is it really so hard to choose the right studs especially with the all the kitmen and support staff on hand ?
Agreed, one of the trainers or take one of the groundsmen to the game, inspect the pitch half hour before the game starts and select a stud or blade suitable, how hard can that be ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.