West Brom (h) pre-match thread

City v West Brom prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nows not the time to be resting KDB, as much as he need probably could do with a game or two on the bench. He’s a machine, so I think he will be okay. Next three games will probably decide the outcome of the league. I think it’s pretty much sealed if we get maximum points. Pretty sure we won’t fuck up a 12 point gap, but I don’t want to give United a sniff.

I agree. All being well, there will be a point where we can look at resting key players in league games. The next three league games are huge though in my opinion. Not all easy fixtures, but they are clearly winnable if we put in a strong performance in each. Maximum points from those and we'll take a huge amount of pressure off ourselves going into tricky back to back fixtures with Arsenal and Chelsea. By the same token, drop points in the next three games and we might start to feel a little bit of pressure heading into those games. I know we've asked a lot from KDB this season but if we can just get the next three leagues won i think we can look at resting players then. Obviously this is all dependent on the medical team being satisfied he's holding up ok. But yeah, for me, the games against the teams outside the top six are the most omportant for the time being. There's enough points available in those fixtures to get us over the line so let's field strong sides and pick up the points in those more winnable games.

I'm hoping we can get the gap up to 14 or 15 points come 10pm Wednesday think Gibbs and Robson KANU out for them watched them v the dippers and they keep the ball well

I'm afraid I think Utd will beat Spurs. But that's not our problem, we just have to win our own games and there's nothing they can do.

Last edited:
I would love to see them come at us, it would be a massacre if they did.
There's only 2 league games left where a team may have a go. Spurs & maybe Arsenal at home. Chelsea & the rags shit themselves taking us on in their own pitches so I can't see them throwing players forward.

Goalkeeper and front 6 pick themselves, the only dilemmas for me are in defence.

Danny Sturridge looks like hes signing for them on loan till May, today.

Hope he does't play. He might have lost a yard or two but if he gets any chances with that left foot we could be in a spot of bother.

Still, i expect a good win. 3-1 City.

I agree. All being well, there will be a point where we can look at resting key players in league games. The next three league games are huge though in my opinion. Not all easy fixtures, but they are clearly winnable if we put in a strong performance in each. Maximum points from those and we'll take a huge amount of pressure off ourselves going into tricky back to back fixtures with Arsenal and Chelsea. By the same token, drop points in the next three games and we might start to feel a little bit of pressure heading into those games. I know we've asked a lot from KDB this season but if we can just get the next three leagues won i think we can look at resting players then. Obviously this is all dependent on the medical team being satisfied he's holding up ok. But yeah, for me, the games against the teams outside the top six are the most omportant for the time being. There's enough points available in those fixtures to get us over the line so let's field strong sides and pick up the points in those more winnable games.

ok you've convinced me, KDB to start :-)

good point re the next 3 league games, hopefully get 9 points and thats 3 games chalked off and less pressure on the two 'tougher' games that follow.

They have a few injuries and a winnable game on the weekend.

Rest De Bruyne, start David and Gundogan. Start Danilo for his height. Stones and Otamendi in defense. Would like to see Diaz get 20-30 min near the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.