West Brom post-match thread

Bit sloppy for me today but a wins a win and that's all that matters.

Silva is one one of the greatest midfielders ever to grace our shirt but fuck me he is next to useless in front of goal.

Huge weekend next week. Could see us sitting pretty or the gap closed up.

We've had a row of 8 games - West Brom, Palace, Chelsea, Stoke, Napoli, Burnley, Wolves, West Brom - where 7 teams have tried the exact same tactic. Park the bus, try to kick the shit out of us and break up the flow of the game.

I think it's impossible to expect us not to get increasingly tired, mentally as much as anything. Turning up every 3 days to try and unlock a defence while getting hacked down is really hard. It's no surprise that results are getting more laboured, we're struggling to maintain that 100% mental focus for 90 minutes and as a result we've given up some silly goals and cocked up 3 or 4 we should have scored.

However, Napoli away and Arsenal will offer very different types of games and I think we'll see the players a bit mentally rejuvenated. After that the international break will give them a chance to recharge.

3 Points gained, well done to the lads.

We have the best defensive record so far this seasons, thanks to Otamendi, stones and the rest of the team so take it easy on Otamendi.

All the players make mistakes so what ! as long as he doing great mostly.

Evans on a yellow. Makes a foul. Throws his hands at the decision gets nothing.

Jesus does the same yet further away from the ref and is straight in the book.

Same with the kicking the ball away. One of theirs did it and it’s fine. Walker does it when he thinks the final whistle has gone and again, ref couldn’t get his card out quick enough.

And the IRA sympathiser gets a talking to after trying to take Walker out at the knee.

Our resident Mr Contrary will be along shortly to tell you its all in your head and that the ref was fair for both sides...........

Job done with three points... sketchy at the end though! We REALLY need Bernardo and Ilkay to bed in and Vinny to get up to speed. Kev looks to be falling off after 60 minutes the man has to be getting tired. Otas mental error could be a sign of fatigue although he’s shown poor decisions in the past. Our intensity and execution of Peps game plan (&talent) have got us where we are, fatigue will take its toll and I think we’re seeing some cracks here and there. I’m glad the usual ankle kicking was at a minimum today, they actually played some football today. On to Naples for 3 more points We’ll done today Blues

Played like we had already won the prem, sloppy all over the pitch, 5.5 performance at best and Pep will be fuming, that shower of shit were begging for an epic dicking and we let them off.

Please. Our players deserve better than that.

Pissed off with that second half performance. Smacked of utter complacency. Pep will rightfully be fuming. Should have been 4 or 5 - 1 up, and then Otamendi goes and does that. Our final ball is utter shite when the edge has gone from the game and at some point it will cost us.

We've been a bit crappy since the second half of the Napoli game and we need to sort it out.

Sounds ridiculous considering we have won all but one game this season, but we set the bar high, and it's slipped somewhat these last 2 weeks. Happy with the 3 points and delighted with the third goal and the quality of it, but we need to be much better in both boxes on Wednesday.
The bar was always going to slip. What is important is that we come away with 3 points and that was mission accomplished

Three points away, five points clear.

I'm sure Pep will have words with Otamendi.

Need to up our finishing again though, it should have been more comfortable than it was. Rest Kev and Dave against Napoli then beat the Arse next week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.