West Brom pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that we need to rest players for PSG but what from I've seen this season I wouldn't be confident of winning if we drop Fernandinho, KDB & Aguero for example.

Big decision for Pellegrini, there's guaranteed to be some unhappy either way.

Man U play Spurs away and West Ham play Arsenal at home, everyone around us are pretty much playing each other and we gotta take the chance to maybe go 4 points clear of Man U and put more pressure on Arsenal.

Three points is a must as we need to finish top four and ideally third at the worst. Spuds beat scum, West Ham draw and we win then job's a good un. Start with a strong team and get the game won although it won't be easy. Nacho and Bony up top, rotate the full backs and find a place for Delph and Nasri to start and keep Silva, Aguero and KDB away from the pitch. WBA not exactly renowned for their friendly tackling and we can ill afford any further injuries

I am ok with Nasri coming in as a starter for this one....but Aguero has to play IMO. We need the three points for CL qualification and that is paramount at this point in the season. If we get a quick lead, pull him at the half by all means but we have to take the points this weekend....more so than we need to get the to t semis. All of this from a purely club brand expansion perspective.
Don't agree. Kun needs a rest he has been carrying the team for weeks now. Also the game on Tuesday is more important. We need the points but we also need to get through to the next round. We have to rotate. West Brom are not the kind of team you blow away in the first 15 mins. We need to go out expecting a hard match and battle for a Leicester like 1-0. The two full backs not playing in Paris will start as should Nasri and Delph. I'm afraid Bony will also begin the match but funny enough this just might be a game that will suit him. Hard work grind it out while resting tired legs.

What are our priories right now?

Finish outside the Top 4?
Get to the CL semis and hope like hell that the rags cock up and we squeak 4th?

We MUST get 3 points on Saturday and if that means playing our key players for most of the game then so be it.
They can be rested by light training on Monday with the emphasis being on tactical planning for Tuesday night.
You obviously don't know much about the scientific basis for recovery then?

We will grind out a positive result tomorrow. The most important thing is for our key players to either be rested or withdrawn if we have the game won.

according to reports kompany may play tues. he should be given some time on saturday if so, 30 -40 mins second half depending on scoreline

Am happy with 3-4 players are rotated. The full backs and perhaps a couple more but due to our poor season the game tomorrow is huge as its likely man Utd and West Ham will drop points and we have a real tough game next weekend.

Why do most of you think Spurs will beat the Rags? - the Rags beat City at the Etihad(sorry to bring that up) - they are a very defensive , boring team.(Rags).
Whammers will beat Arse - so we definitely need to beat WBA - a scruffy 1-0 win in the last minute will do. NAVAS to hit a screamer ??? - Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.