West Brom pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it either. They are supposed to be professional athletes. And Kevin needs more match practice so he should get at least 45 minutes.
Given David is out, this is a golden opportunity for Samir to put in a good shift.
I must confess that I don't want to see Bony, he just doesn't have the mobility we will need to unlock Pullis' bus.
Agreed play aguero and Kelechi there centre backs won't cope, if we play bony falls straight into there hands.

Morning Blues. Its been a great week for City. The notion City can't win the league because of recent form has been blown away by 2 great results. Hoping it carries on today to keep the pressure on as that's the best we can hope for given our Premiership troubles. There's a case for a few squad members as we need as many as possible at 100% match fitness in case any first choices get injured. Would love to see Kelechi & Nasri get a start. Up the blues.

Unbelievable that people are talking about resting players when it's in essence a far more important game than Tuesday. Don't get it.

I struggle with your logic. We have opportunity to progress to the CL yet you would rather risk that to qualify again for it next year, which we may not get as far. I'm obviously missing something as several have agreed with you on this

Morning Blues. Its been a great week for City. The notion City can't win the league because of recent form has been blown away by 2 great results. Hoping it carries on today to keep the pressure on as that's the best we can hope for given our Premiership troubles. There's a case for a few squad members as we need as many as possible at 100% match fitness in case any first choices get injured. Would love to see Kelechi & Nasri get a start. Up the blues.

Morning to you bud. What's the plan for today and how will the result go tonight. Having to give the game a miss today because of work so will watch it on TV instead.

I struggle with your logic. We have opportunity to progress to the CL yet you would rather risk that to qualify again for it next year, which we may not get as far. I'm obviously missing something as several have agreed with you on this
I agree with him. I personally believe that getting into next season's competition with Guardiola in charge is more important than getting to the semi final this season. Mind you, I'm not the biggest fan of the CL.

I agree with him. I personally believe that getting into next season's competition with Guardiola in charge is more important than getting to the semi final this season. Mind you, I'm not the biggest fan of the CL.

Someone posted yesterday that it was because of revenues, which, whilst nice I would have thought not the major driver. I just feel we have never gotten this far before, we should go balls out to see how far we can get, particularly as the core of our team who have given us progress in Europe these last couple of seasons will likely be broken up this summer. If we qualify for next year, we could not make this far (depending on who else is in our group), so we should take this opportunity to see what we can achieve.

But i respect your view

There will be some fairly obvious changes, replace Silva, rotate the full backs. Take Aguero off after an hour if possible.

I wouldn't go for wholesale changes, simply because I don't think it works. I think the key to beating PSG is being mentally in the right frame of mind. No need to turn up the pressure by resting players from what is a very important game.

Someone posted yesterday that it was because of revenues, which, whilst nice I would have thought not the major driver. I just feel we have never gotten this far before, we should go balls out to see how far we can get, particularly as the core of our team who have given us progress in Europe these last couple of seasons will likely be broken up this summer. If we qualify for next year, we could not make this far (depending on who else is in our group), so we should take this opportunity to see what we can achieve.

But i respect your view
I understand your view as well. I think I'd be right up for it if our league position were more stable.

There will be some fairly obvious changes, replace Silva, rotate the full backs. Take Aguero off after an hour if possible.

I wouldn't go for wholesale changes, simply because I don't think it works. I think the key to beating PSG is being mentally in the right frame of mind. No need to turn up the pressure by resting players from what is a very important game.
Selecting the appropriate team for today is a fine balance though when you consider the risk of injury and our major players being unavailable as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.