West Brom v City Official match thread| Wed 22nd Sept| 20:00

travelman said:
i am not interested in other teams only city, i thought the wholepoint of all our purchases was to have the strongest squad, yet we field kids. We are not fuckin arsenal.
This trophy was one of the realistic ones we could win this year and part of changing our club mentality. Playing such an inexperienced team is contemptuous and completley disraspectful to our owners and the fans. not happy at all.

This post hits nail on the head. We have to change our mentality and should therefore be chasing every trophy available. Winning any trophy after so long would be the first building block to more. Would rather see us fail having given it a real go rather than meekly surrending.

K.Reeves right foot said:
Just in from work - listening on way home in car........time for a rant guys.......
CANNOT believe some of the utter crap people are saying tonight.
1. We can't RISK players as we have Chelsea? This is football not a bloody war!
by that [shite] logic, we can't risk players v Chelsea as we have Juve next thurs....in fact let's not play anyone ever....then no injuries....
2. Mickey Mouse comp? Really? Did anyone say that at the semi's last season? NO. Unfortunatly since i supported City in 76 they ceased to win trophies.hence we have had the piss taken out of us since then......The League Cup is a cup competition - one of only 4 per season [counting euro].....Personally I would LOVE us to win it......batter than 4th. To see tevez lift any cup would be better than sex for me.........
3. Noone would have predicted this shambolic team before hand because that's what it is, utter shambles and it's clear Mancini wants us to go out......that is disrespectful to every fan who made it tonight and every other City fan.....If he is keeping players for Chelsea we had better win that game otherwise in the space of 4 days we go out of the first cup competition at the first hurdle and lay in mid table in the prem......excellent return on our spending and really ties in to Mancinis ramblings about creating a winning mentality at the club........

Anyone wants to slate me go ahead..........there is no argument against anything i've said............

This!

Can't describe how fucked off I am with the team Mancini has put out here, Vidal, Mee, Ibrahim and Guidetti all starting, simply not good enough. We've not won a trophy since 1976, how DARE we treat the competition with so little respect, how DARE we treat the fans with so little respect. Don't give me this shit about having big games coming up, this is looking like we've thrown away a really good shot at a trophy. Spurs out, Chelsea out, Liverpool only drawing against Northampton as I type, really pissed off.

shadygiz said:
itsnevereasy said:
Anyone saying that this is a Micky Mouse cup should be shot. We haven't lifted a cup in my lifetime - I don't give a flying fuck if it's the league cup that we could win it is a fucking cup, a cup which would rip that fucking banner down!

gotta agree mate....4th spot won't rip the banner down

With the squad we have we should be able to win this cup and get at least 4th. I would give up 4th tho to see us lift a cup. The semi's last year were the most excited I have ever been at a match.

bluemoon32 said:
zandvoort blue said:
lets just hope Chelsea play extra time tonight.........

Their first team players are in the stand

What an absolute disgrace that chelski manager knows fook all about footie, youd think hed realise the importance of this comp. Fuck the PL, CL & FA cup.

ste.sully said:
itsnevereasy said:
Anyone saying that this is a Micky Mouse cup should be shot. We haven't lifted a cup in my lifetime - I don't give a flying fuck if it's the league cup that we could win it is a fucking cup, a cup which would rip that fucking banner down!
The League Cup is a 'pointless cup' because we are playing Champions League next, oh wait a minute...

A trophy is a trophy, whether its the Carling Cup, FA Cup or Europa Cup its a start, and like they say the first trophy is always the hardest, then its easier after that

Portsmouth.

gmtx said:
Anyone who thinks the League Cup is a priority this season is a knob. If we won the Carling this season but finished 5th I'd be absolutely fucking livid. If we lose now but finish 4th I'd be pretty satisfied

yeah, but we should be able to finish 4th or better AND have decent cup runs; the two shouldn't be mutually exclusive events.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.