West Brom v City Official match thread| Wed 22nd Sept| 20:00

BlueGun said:
K.Reeves right foot said:
Just in from work - listening on way home in car........time for a rant guys.......
CANNOT believe some of the utter crap people are saying tonight.
1. We can't RISK players as we have Chelsea? This is football not a bloody war!
by that [shite] logic, we can't risk players v Chelsea as we have Juve next thurs....in fact let's not play anyone ever....then no injuries....
2. Mickey Mouse comp? Really? Did anyone say that at the semi's last season? NO. Unfortunatly since i supported City in 76 they ceased to win trophies.hence we have had the piss taken out of us since then......The League Cup is a cup competition - one of only 4 per season [counting euro].....Personally I would LOVE us to win it......batter than 4th. To see tevez lift any cup would be better than sex for me.........
3. Noone would have predicted this shambolic team before hand because that's what it is, utter shambles and it's clear Mancini wants us to go out......that is disrespectful to every fan who made it tonight and every other City fan.....If he is keeping players for Chelsea we had better win that game otherwise in the space of 4 days we go out of the first cup competition at the first hurdle and lay in mid table in the prem......excellent return on our spending and really ties in to Mancinis ramblings about creating a winning mentality at the club........

Anyone wants to slate me go ahead..........there is no argument against anything i've said............

This!

+ 1

mancityscot said:
resting players for chelsea is a poor excuse as to why we are playing so shit and fielding an awful team. we havent won a trophy in 35 years, so surely we should be going for everyone we take part in. i just think its disgraceful
I've never seen you post anything remotely positive. Fuck knows how you coped when we were in the second division.

I cant believe people just think this is a mickey mouse cup, when did we turn in to competition snobs? fucking disgraceful attitude to have.

BlueGun said:
Just in from work - listening on way home in car........time for a rant guys.......
CANNOT believe some of the utter crap people are saying tonight.
1. We can't RISK players as we have Chelsea? This is football not a bloody war!
by that [shite] logic, we can't risk players v Chelsea as we have Juve next thurs....in fact let's not play anyone ever....then no injuries....
2. Mickey Mouse comp? Really? Did anyone say that at the semi's last season? NO. Unfortunatly since i supported City in 76 they ceased to win trophies.hence we have had the piss taken out of us since then......The League Cup is a cup competition - one of only 4 per season [counting euro].....Personally I would LOVE us to win it......batter than 4th. To see tevez lift any cup would be better than sex for me.........
3. Noone would have predicted this shambolic team before hand because that's what it is, utter shambles and it's clear Mancini wants us to go out......that is disrespectful to every fan who made it tonight and every other City fan.....If he is keeping players for Chelsea we had better win that game otherwise in the space of 4 days we go out of the first cup competition at the first hurdle and lay in mid table in the prem......excellent return on our spending and really ties in to Mancinis ramblings about creating a winning mentality at the club........

Anyone wants to slate me go ahead..........there is no argument against anything i've said............

This!
+ 2

Matty said:
Can't describe how fucked off I am with the team Mancini has put out here, Vidal, Mee, Ibrahim and Guidetti all starting, simply not good enough. We've not won a trophy since 1976, how DARE we treat the competition with so little respect, how DARE we treat the fans with so little respect. Don't give me this shit about having big games coming up, this is looking like we've thrown away a really good shot at a trophy. Spurs out, Chelsea out, Liverpool only drawing against Northampton as I type, really pissed off.

couldnt agree more mate although i don't mind mancini he's being a right prick tonight

rickmcfc said:
When a team hasn't won a single trophy for 34 fucking years, every cup should be taken seriously and we should attempt to win it. This tonight was not good enough, simple as. When certain city fans start to realise this and that tonight was piss poor, with no excuse, then the better for all concerned.
THIS in abundance mate.

And on saturday when the Cup draw is on Sky and once again there is no City.....and the papers say WBA 2 MCFC 1 in the morning..........where is the fun in that? A someone said, the road to creating a dynasty is to win ANY trophy then build........oh but I forget, our new fans think we are going to win the prem this year and the Champs league next year.........psychotic delusional thinking

bluemoon32 said:
Can't we just do both ?
The League Cup isn't a priority, no competition is. They are all equally important....tell that to the City fans dredging out of the ground after this shambolic performance.......I weep at the arrogance of you...............

How am i showing arrogance ?
I replied that we should try and do both, win the carling cup AND get top 4

Matty said:
Can't describe how fucked off I am with the team Mancini has put out here, Vidal, Mee, Ibrahim and Guidetti all starting, simply not good enough. We've not won a trophy since 1976, how DARE we treat the competition with so little respect, how DARE we treat the fans with so little respect. Don't give me this shit about having big games coming up, this is looking like we've thrown away a really good shot at a trophy. Spurs out, Chelsea out, Liverpool only drawing against Northampton as I type, really pissed off.
Second that

bluemoon32 said:
Can't we just do both ?
The League Cup isn't a priority, no competition is. They are all equally important....tell that to the City fans dredging out of the ground after this shambolic performance.......I weep at the arrogance of you...............

It's not arrogance, it's common sense. Winning a the League Cup would be a one-off, yeah it would be great, but it wouldn't be doing us any good for the future. However, if we qualify for the Champs league, we can then build for the future and establish ourselves amongst the top teams in Europe. I mean just look at Pompy, won the FA Cup a couple of seasons ago and look where they are now.

gmtx said:
Anyone who thinks the League Cup is a priority this season is a knob. If we won the Carling this season but finished 5th I'd be absolutely fucking livid. If we lose now but finish 4th I'd be pretty satisfied

wrong...we need to bring a winning mentatlity to this team before we push on for better and brighter things....this cup is achievable as nearly every top 6 team undervalues it. Yes, its important we finish 4th, but that wont bring any glory or change in mentality for the players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.