West Brom v City Official match thread| Wed 22nd Sept| 20:00

SWP's back said:
K.Reeves right foot said:
That's because you are not a fan. You are a mere passing observer with a slight interest....mainly in winning the SKY champs league. Are you Japanese?

I agree with him and have been going home and away since 86, maybe I am japanese?

no you just have a lack of understanding about what football is about

SWP's back said:
moonbeams said:
So, I'll ignore the 'knob' remark just because I don't agree with you and try and debate on an adult level!

Given the choice and taking into consideration any future signings we may make, who would you have played tonight? Not forgetting that we are playing Chelsea on Saturday?

Yes, we could possibly have won the CC, and that would be great to say "Yay, we've actually won some silverware" Isn't Roberto great?? Or, would you prefer to say a couple of years down the line "Mancini has guided us to the CL, attracted the the creme de la creme to City and we're in the FA Cup final to boot"

round of applause from me

+1 Nice to see there is still some sensible posters on bluemoon.

gmtx said:
I'm not happy about it, but if you look at the wider perspective, it's not really that important, and I'm not really that disappointed about it. If it had been this result at the weekend against Wigan, believe me I would be up in arms with the rest of you, but for reasons I've already outlined the LC is just not a priority.
That's because you are not a fan. You are a mere passing observer with a slight interest....mainly in winning the SKY champs league. Are you Japanese?

Yes, you're absolutely right, I've just been a passing observer for 30 years of my life, I've just supported City on a whim, cause I'm such a glory hunter I just had to choose the team that won the 1999 Div 2 play-off final to support, but I mean, it's only a slight interest, it's not like I've been to any matches or anything...

And yes, I am interested in winning the champs league, but getting there first would be a start. Do you seriously think Real and Barcelona are happy with the Copa del Rey? The rags and Chelsea with the Carling Cup? Get real.

And btw, I'm from Salford.

Blue Maverick said:
It's a lack of respect to the travelling fans more than anything in my opinion, we should be aiming for all 4 trophies, you have to start somewhere and winning the CC would not only satisfy the fans but surely drive us on in the last 3 rd of the season for that 4th spot a missed opportunity, oh well roll on the Chelsea game.

And I'm accused of arrogance because I think we should focus on the league?

ANY1aBLUE said:
'THE REAL LIFE', pal, is that Mancini has just signed his own P45. We aren't good enough to beat Chelsea yet, and even if we did, it wouldn't alter the fact that we wont win the League this Season. We weren't good enough to beat Sunderland or Blackburn either. So, our only hopes were two domestic Cups and a Euro Cup - and 4th place. One of those, the easiest one, has gone. That would have saved his job and satisfied us fans (i've waited 34yrs!). I see United managed to score 5, and Arsenal 4 in tricky games - whereas we managed ONE F'ING SHOT IN 90 SODDING MINUTES! Its not as if that's unusual is it????? Its par for the course with Mancini teams. The sad thing is not many other folks here seem to see the fact that this guy doesn't know what he's doing, or do see it and are too scared to say it..............

-- Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:27 pm --

'THE REAL LIFE', pal, is that Mancini has just signed his own P45. We aren't good enough to beat Chelsea yet, and even if we did, it wouldn't alter the fact that we wont win the League this Season. We weren't good enough to beat Sunderland or Blackburn either. So, our only hopes were two domestic Cups and a Euro Cup - and 4th place. One of those, the easiest one, has gone. That would have saved his job and satisfied us fans (i've waited 34yrs!). I see United managed to score 5, and Arsenal 4 in tricky games - whereas we managed ONE F'ING SHOT IN 90 SODDING MINUTES! Its not as if that's unusual is it????? Its par for the course with Mancini teams. The sad thing is not many other folks here seem to see the fact that this guy doesn't know what he's doing, or do see it and are too scared to say it..............
ANY1aBLUE.....i'm with you and have been slated on here these weeks for my dissenting BUT constructive criticism of our Italian manager......

The only person in these quotes that isn't talking out of their arse is Tom.
You pal are embarassing yourself. I completely understand anyone who is pissed off and has opinions/negative thoughts about the team/manager etc. but to spend all day on here snivelling and whining, is laughable. Constructive critisism? you'r joking right? How is it constructive? Do you think Roberto Mancini will listen to you and take your advise on board?

hilts said:
SWP's back said:
round of applause from me

must have missed something is the chelsea game a champions league qualifier? if we lose is that it? i thought it was a 3 pointer like every other game.

Where did I say the Chelski game was a CL qualifier?

Asolutely gutted.
We're not good enough to win league or europa cup so should have really gone for it tonight.
The injuries excuse just doesnt wash it with me,we simply shouldn't be signing all these crocks.
Our squad clearly isnt as strong as we all think,our reserves cant beat WBA reserves!!!gutted gutted gutted

xxcity said:
Braggster said:
But we do have more important business, much more important.

Never mind what we think (not that it's unimportant), ask the Sheikh whether we have more important business than the carling cup...I suspect we know what the answer would be.

Qualifying for the champions league is absolutely imperative this season, doing something in the league cup just isn't.

You might see that as arrogant but it is fact. Sure, we haven't won it since '76, do you think that even enters into the thinking of the people at the top of the club? No, and nor should it - they are trying to turn us into a European superpower, which means (in declining order of importance) (1) Premier League (2) Europa (3) FA Cup (4) League Cup. With (1) being far, far more important than any of the others.

The goals of the club and its management are to compete in the champions league and at the top of the premier league. The rest is just trimmings - that's fact, even if you don't like it. Arrogance doesn't really come into it.

Totally agree.

A great season will be Champs League qualification.

We will be there at the business end of the season when it matters, the team we see now won't be the team we seen come Mar / April / May next year. Did anyone listen to the interview RM gave yesterday.

Finish 4th - have a full end of season together, with new signings, with no world cup and euros to get in the way.

Have some bloody faith - Or bugger off!! Im fed up with some of the prats that post on here.
Sorry mate. I forgot......No City fan is allowed to be critical now we are rich....we have to sit by and watch this manager of ours make us a kaughing stock once again.............great attitude.............

shadygiz said:
hilts said:
must have missed something is the chelsea game a champions league qualifier? if we lose is that it? i thought it was a 3 pointer like every other game.

it's an "important" game don't you know ;)

important is not a strong enough word, the result against chelsea will decide if we become the greatest team the world has ever seen or end up in the blue square conference north in a few years

win the carling,the fa cup it means nothing absolutely nothing unless we gat 3 points on saturday, it cannot be overstated enough

Barcon said:
ANY1aBLUE.....i'm with you and have been slated on here these weeks for my dissenting BUT constructive criticism of our Italian manager......

The only person in these quotes that isn't talking out of their arse is Tom.
You pal are embarassing yourself. I completely understand anyone who is pissed off and has opinions/negative thoughts about the team/manager etc. but to spend all day on here snivelling and whining, is laughable. Constructive critisism? you'r joking right? How is it constructive? Do you think Roberto Mancini will listen to you and take your advise on board?
Mr Bacon, Ive not been on here all day, ive ben working - earning money.....Just because Mancini doesn't listen to me doesn't make my points less constructive - that's not even a decent reposte my friend. I am entitled to criticise the manager and I have been consistent from day one based on what I see not what deludes me....so - sorry to disappoint you, I'm not embarassing myself at all, I am merley voicing an opinion about MY club. Not Mancini's but MY club. If you don't agree with me at least offer a plausible counter argument. That's what i,ve been struck by, all the people who love Mancini never really offer any decent argument as to why.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.