West Brom v City Official match thread| Wed 22nd Sept| 20:00

xxcity said:
BlueMo' said:
Surely we can't go on and on and on, season after season
bringing in new signings.
6 last time, (7 including AJ) 7 under hughes.( 8 inc Robbie)
Not a recipe for a winning team.....
When was that ever a winning formula?

Sorry. Perhaps I should have explained a little more, by new signings I meant 1 / 2 to fine tune the squad. Improving on players who haven't / won't make it at a top level.
That's what this summer was for.

I'm afraid it's a sign of the times that finishing 4th (which is nowhere), is considered more important than actually winning things. Mediocrity rules. So we qualify for the chumps league. Big deal. Doesn't mean shit unless we win it in my opinion. Will it be on next years penant, "Finished fourth, qualified for Champios League qualifier." Yippee, that'll be something to tell the grandchildren about.

K.Reeves right foot said:
Barcon said:
The only person in these quotes that isn't talking out of their arse is Tom.
You pal are embarassing yourself. I completely understand anyone who is pissed off and has opinions/negative thoughts about the team/manager etc. but to spend all day on here snivelling and whining, is laughable. Constructive critisism? you'r joking right? How is it constructive? Do you think Roberto Mancini will listen to you and take your advise on board?

Barcon said:
You're going to have to explain that one to me my friend.
P.s, I didn't say I dissagree with your comments, nor am I a Mancini lover.

ianw16 said:
I'm afraid it's a sign of the times that finishing 4th (which is nowhere), is considered more important than actually winning things. Mediocrity rules. So we qualify for the chumps league. Big deal. Doesn't mean shit unless we win it in my opinion. Will it be on next years penant, "Finished fourth, qualified for Champios League qualifier." Yippee, that'll be something to tell the grandchildren about.

The fact is, it takes more quality to consistently perform well enough over a year to finish in the top four in the country than to get a lucky cup run and win six or seven matches, in competitions where most teams play at least their 2nd XI anyway.

The point I keep trying to make and that no one seems to be listening to is this: FA/League Cup: Short Term, Champs League Place: Long Term. We can establish ourselves as a major force if we qualify for the CL. If we won the League Cup, it'd just be a one-off

gmtx said:
ianw16 said:

The fact is, it takes more quality to consistently perform well enough over a year to finish in the top four in the country than to get a lucky cup run and win six or seven matches, in competitions where most teams play at least their 2nd XI anyway.

The point I keep trying to make and that no one seems to be listening to is this: FA/League Cup: Short Term, Champs League Place: Long Term. We can establish ourselves as a major force if we qualify for the CL. If we won the League Cup, it'd just be a one-off

Well said.

gmtx said:
hilts said:
can you explain then what you consider worth winning then? what competitions are good enough and deserving to bear our name?

Of course any trophy will do, but we have to prioritise. For me this season it's 1. League 2. Europa 3. FA 4. Carling

By all means try and win one of the last two trophies, but only if it doesn't jeopardise our progress in the first two (especially the league). If we got to the semis or the final playing our reserves and kids then perhaps we could start taking it seriously at that stage, but at the moment it just ain't worth it.

to win the carling cup takes five games, we will probably play 60 games this year so it is not a big burden, also the problem tonight was playing the kids, he should have put a stonger team out and try and win the game, in future rounds when more players are fit he could have still rested players as we have a large squad

if the 1st choice back line is hart,boeteng toure kompany kolarov, future rounds of this and the fa cup he could play given,richards,lescott,boyota.bridge

throw in midfield where we have ya ya, de jong,barry,viera,johnson,milner,silva
and we have plenty of players

apart from the rags and arsenal we would have been favourites to win it, i have never slated mancini in any post before but he dropped a bollock tonight

Ah well.... now that ive calmed down a bit...............

That was a fucking disgrace Roberto, out played and out classed by West f-ing Brom.
we could have had that performance from any 4th division manager. Well done West Brom well deserved, i'm sorry we didn't give your team a tougher game. Absolute f-ing disgrace tonight.

gmtx said:
ianw16 said:

for a start its five games, second with our squad we could go for the cups and leagues, thirdly champs league is only relevant if your in it year in year out, this holy grail of fourth is bollocks, big teams win things and we are not in a position to turn our noses up at anything

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.