West Brom v City Official match thread| Wed 22nd Sept| 20:00

moonbeams said:
hilts said:
must have missed something is the chelsea game a champions league qualifier? if we lose is that it? i thought it was a 3 pointer like every other game.

Where did I say the Chelski game was a CL qualifier?

if you dont know what i meant then it is hardly worth an explanation, but i have a feeling you know the point i was making

gmtx said:
K.Reeves right foot said:
That's because you are not a fan. You are a mere passing observer with a slight interest....mainly in winning the SKY champs league. Are you Japanese?

Yes, you're absolutely right, I've just been a passing observer for 30 years of my life, I've just supported City on a whim, cause I'm such a glory hunter I just had to choose the team that won the 1999 Div 2 play-off final to support, but I mean, it's only a slight interest, it's not like I've been to any matches or anything...

And yes, I am interested in winning the champs league, but getting there first would be a start. Do you seriously think Real and Barcelona are happy with the Copa del Rey? The rags and Chelsea with the Carling Cup? Get real.

And btw, I'm from Salford.

Blue Maverick said:
It's a lack of respect to the travelling fans more than anything in my opinion, we should be aiming for all 4 trophies, you have to start somewhere and winning the CC would not only satisfy the fans but surely drive us on in the last 3 rd of the season for that 4th spot a missed opportunity, oh well roll on the Chelsea game.

And I'm accused of arrogance because I think we should focus on the league?
And there GMTX is a perfect example of how to beat your own argument! Barcelona and Real aren't satisfied with the league cup [or equiv] and chelsea and scum because they HAVE won bigger things......let me say this to you slowly............w-e h-a-v-e-n-t.............f-o-r 3-4 y-e-a-r-s..............

xxcity said:
Totally agree.

A great season will be Champs League qualification.

We will be there at the business end of the season when it matters, the team we see now won't be the team we seen come Mar / April / May next year. Did anyone listen to the interview RM gave yesterday.

Finish 4th - have a full end of season together, with new signings, with no world cup and euros to get in the way.

Have some bloody faith - Or bugger off!! Im fed up with some of the prats that post on here.
Sorry mate. I forgot......No City fan is allowed to be critical now we are rich....we have to sit by and watch this manager of ours make us a kaughing stock once again.............great attitude.............

I didn't say no one was allowed to criticise. I've been a City fan for over 30 years, yes I've watched from the Kippax v Luton (Id be here till midnight listing all the misery that has come our way), but now we have a foundation of something great, it won't happen overnight, and RM won't get everthing right, but it will happen.

Letslook at this thread in 12 months time. And we will laugh (or I'll add it the the misery that has come our way)

:)

And there GMTX is a perfect example of how to beat your own argument! Barcelona and Real aren't satisfied with the league cup [or equiv] and chelsea and scum because they HAVE won bigger things......let me say this to you slowly............w-e h-a-v-e-n-t.............f-o-r 3-4 y-e-a-r-s..............

We won't ever get an opportunity to win bigger things if we spunk all our money and resources into winning a crappy trophy like the LC, meaning we slip down the league table...

As far as I'm concerned, I can wait a little longer for a trophy if it means a long term stable position as one of the best clubs in the country and Europe.

gmtx said:
Yes, you're absolutely right, I've just been a passing observer for 30 years of my life, I've just supported City on a whim, cause I'm such a glory hunter I just had to choose the team that won the 1999 Div 2 play-off final to support, but I mean, it's only a slight interest, it's not like I've been to any matches or anything...

And yes, I am interested in winning the champs league, but getting there first would be a start. Do you seriously think Real and Barcelona are happy with the Copa del Rey? The rags and Chelsea with the Carling Cup? Get real.

And btw, I'm from Salford.

And I'm accused of arrogance because I think we should focus on the league?

some fans just dont get it fella, how any city fan cannot be desperate to win any cup is beyond me, common sense dictates you have more chance with the carling than any other, also winning the first makes it easier to win others

does usain bolt jog every 100 metres until he gets to the olympics, i believe winning is a habit a cliche because its true

xxcity said:
Totally agree.

A great season will be Champs League qualification.

We will be there at the business end of the season when it matters, the team we see now won't be the team we seen come Mar / April / May next year. Did anyone listen to the interview RM gave yesterday.

Finish 4th - have a full end of season together, with new signings, with no world cup and euros to get in the way.

Have some bloody faith - Or bugger off!! Im fed up with some of the prats that post on here.
Sorry mate. I forgot......No City fan is allowed to be critical now we are rich....we have to sit by and watch this manager of ours make us a kaughing stock once again.............great attitude.............

Surely we can't go on and on and on, season after season
bringing in new signings.
6 last time, (7 including AJ) 7 under hughes.( 8 inc Robbie)
Not a recipe for a winning team.....
When was that ever a winning formula?

gmtx said:

We won't ever get an opportunity to win bigger things if we spunk all our money and resources into winning a crappy trophy like the LC, meaning we slip down the league table...

As far as I'm concerned, I can wait a little longer for a trophy if it means a long term stable position as one of the best clubs in the country and Europe.

can you explain then what you consider worth winning then? what competitions are good enough and deserving to bear our name?

BlueMo' said:

Surely we can't go on and on and on, season after season
bringing in new signings.
6 last time, (7 including AJ) 7 under hughes.( 8 inc Robbie)
Not a recipe for a winning team.....
When was that ever a winning formula?

Sorry. Perhaps I should have explained a little more, by new signings I meant 1 / 2 to fine tune the squad. Improving on players who haven't / won't make it at a top level.

hilts said:

some fans just dont get it fella, how any city fan cannot be desperate to win any cup is beyond me, common sense dictates you have more chance with the carling than any other, also winning the first makes it easier to win others

does usain bolt jog every 100 metres until he gets to the olympics, i believe winning is a habit a cliche because its true

there is no correlation between winning one cup then being successful in another cup, infact its harder because you end up playing more games. you may gain a bit of confidence but if it was easier t owin 1 cup after another then why have so few teams won the/a treble

this result means nothing,, of ocurse as fans we want the team to win every game, but id rather concentrate on other competetions tbh

hilts said:
gmtx said:

can you explain then what you consider worth winning then? what competitions are good enough and deserving to bear our name?

Of course any trophy will do, but we have to prioritise. For me this season it's 1. League 2. Europa 3. FA 4. Carling

By all means try and win one of the last two trophies, but only if it doesn't jeopardise our progress in the first two (especially the league). If we got to the semis or the final playing our reserves and kids then perhaps we could start taking it seriously at that stage, but at the moment it just ain't worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.