West Brom Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Andouble said:
was that disallowed Balotelli goal really offsides? Looked like the one centre back played him on, just.
I believe it was Kun greedily going for goal yet again who was offside, touching the ball before Balo.

erm indirect free kick........... you might want to look here son............

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indirect_free_kick" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indirect_free_kick</a>

Andouble said:
was that disallowed Balotelli goal really offsides? Looked like the one centre back played him on, just.

Do you really want to follow this? http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Match-reports/2011/December/WBA-v-City-26-Dec from about 2 mins in.

It depends what the assistant referee flagged for. If he thought Aguero played it then Aguero was offside (and so was Balotelli from Aguero's pass). If he thought the defender played it but Aguero was interfering with the opponent, then that also made Aguero offside. If he thought that Aguero was neither interfering with an opponent nor played the ball, then Balotelli was not offside, as he was onside when Silva played it forward (and even then the AR would have to have called the defender's touch a "rebound" and not controlled play).

Judging from when the flag went up - not immediately when either Aguero or the defendant played it but when it was dropping to Balotelli - either he missed Aguero being in an offside position (unlikely) or (my view) the AR did think the defender had played it, not Aguero, called it as a rebound from Silva's pass, and just got wrong that Balotelli was not in an offside position when Silva played it.

The kindest explanation for the AR is that he judged Aguero either to have played the ball or interfered with an opponent, and just flagged a bit late. It doesn't look that way though: I think he was playing on so made a mistake - either in City's favour by missing that Aguero was in an offside position, or against us by giving Balotelli offside when it came off the defender.

If he did know Aguero was in an offside position but judged that he didn't interfere with the opponent when the opponent played the ball to Balotelli, then we should have been 1-0 up.

Contact peter.roberts@manchesterfa.com for your next referee's course.

dw7 said:
Stoned Rose said:
Something I've been saying for a while is now really starting to prove problematic - we simply dont score enough goals from set pieces. We hardly ever profit from corners or indirect free kicks and we never score from direct free kicks. With all the skilled players we have I find it unbelievable we dont have a free kick 'expert' (remember ronaldo at utd? giggs earlier in his career? beckham?) these kind of situations can grab you 10plus goals a season and be the diff between 1 point and 3 at W.Brom/Fulham.............
Indirect free kicks ???????

What is the purpose of comments like this? I don't think that is nice to laugh at fans if they don't use proper grammar or terminology.
It doesn't mean that one is less of the football expert if he or she do not speak perfect English. Stoned Rose made valid point in regards to the amount of goals scored by the City players from set pieces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.