West Brom Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

lasereyes said:
The 2 goals at the end were very annoying, but in reality there was no real way they could have changed the result. The second was with <1 minute in injury time left and there was no realistic way West Brom could ever have got a third. So I am not over-fussed about this.

If we win at Southampton (which I think we will), the signs would be clear that we have fixed our away form. At which point, the rest of the division should be very, very afraid.
Was it MOTD which said that they had 1 shot on target, yet they scored 2 goals. If true that means that their 1st and only effort on target took until the 92nd minute. Good defending in my book

Marvin said:
lasereyes said:
The 2 goals at the end were very annoying, but in reality there was no real way they could have changed the result. The second was with <1 minute in injury time left and there was no realistic way West Brom could ever have got a third. So I am not over-fussed about this.

If we win at Southampton (which I think we will), the signs would be clear that we have fixed our away form. At which point, the rest of the division should be very, very afraid.
Was it MOTD which said that they had 1 shot on target, yet they scored 2 goals. If true that means that their 1st and only effort on target took until the 92nd minute. Good defending in my book
A sliced clearance that wen't backwards and a subsequent "clearance" towards the goal that led to their first goal and a debatable penalty say there's still the threat of costly errors in our defensive game.

Was also more than a few sliced clearances for corners, rather rash at times.

The sliced clearance as I recall was from Garcia. As somebody else observed, I don't care whether it's put up the shutters time or not. Just wouldnt have him on the field.

It wasn't a perfect performance by any stretch, but there was never any real risk of anything other than a win. I also thought the penalty was a bit iffy (he seemed to get a piece of the ball before tripping Kolarov), but if it had been 2-1 at the end, I think we would have defended like tigers and their second goal wouldn't have happened. In fact the first one may not have either.

lasereyes said:
The sliced clearance as I recall was from Garcia. As somebody else observed, I don't care whether it's put up the shutters time or not. Just wouldnt have him on the field.

It wasn't a perfect performance by any stretch, but there was never any real risk of anything other than a win. I also thought the penalty was a bit iffy (he seemed to get a piece of the ball before tripping Kolarov), but if it had been 2-1 at the end, I think we would have defended like tigers and their second goal wouldn't have happened. In fact the first one may not have either.
Kolarov on Long, not the penalty Kolarov won. Could easily have been given after Long walked through a huge gap in our back line left there by Demichelis

Yup we did get a bit lucky that that wasn't given and ours was. Still feel that we would held on though. We had a real will to win yesterday. And the first half hour was just sublime.

lasereyes said:
Yup we did get a bit lucky that that wasn't given and ours was. Still feel that we would held on though. We had a real will to win yesterday. And the first half hour was just sublime.
How were we lucky to get ours ? It was a stonewall penalty. For their appeal, I've seen them given, but I didn't think it was worth a penalty.

lasereyes said:

I'm sure you'll catch a few......

pudge said:
Marvin said:
lasereyes said:

A sliced clearance that wen't backwards and a subsequent "clearance" towards the goal that led to their first goal and a debatable penalty say there's still the threat of costly errors in our defensive game.

But still won and got 3 points.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
pudge said:
Marvin said:

But still won and got 3 points.
But issues still need to be addressed, often the same issues which is frustrating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.