West Brom Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't care what team of the year he made he is not a good defender and far too slow for the highline we play. His touch is good yes but he gives the ball away a fair bit with risky passes. Watch the Plzen game again and some of the things he did were terrible for a defender at any level. The one where Hart saved with his feet was a prime example.When Swansea should have scored before h/t was again appalling defending.Diving in whilst the last man when the Swansea player was barely running at the time.

gmckennasell said:
5 of our next 6 games are away from home , apart from hollywood fc away , we are capable of winning them , it will make or break our season , if we go into january in the top 2 in premeirship and semi finals of the league cup and already in the chumps league last 16 , its happy days.

I don't even think we need to win all the 5 league games. 3 wins and 2 draws will do fine, particularly if we continue our home form and beat Arsenal.

Craig said:
Don't care what team of the year he made he is not a good defender and far too slow for the highline we play. His touch is good yes but he gives the ball away a fair bit with risky passes. Watch the Plzen game again and some of the things he did were terrible for a defender at any level. The one where Hart saved with his feet was a prime example.When Swansea should have scored before h/t was again appalling defending.Diving in whilst the last man when the Swansea player was barely running at the time.

He gives the ball away too much at times, but he attempts to play ball whenever gets the chance and has been a factor in the type of football we are now playing. The sideway passes at the back are gone and we're getting the benefit. Pelle's tactics require ball players all over the pitch. I'm enjoying it, and I'm enjoying watching MDM.

Craig said:

He also pulled down Pablo Hernandez for what should have been a penalty. I think overall he is an ok backup, but he definitely had a poor game on Sun. Some folks here seem to go solely by the result. If we win, all is right. If we lose, then they are a bunch of losers.

lasereyes said:
Craig said:

He also pulled down Pablo Hernandez for what should have been a penalty. I think overall he is an ok backup, but he definitely had a poor game on Sun. Some folks here seem to go solely by the result. If we win, all is right. If we lose, then they are a bunch of losers.

Some folks might also understand that even the greatest players are amalgams of strengths and weaknesses; that a player coming from another league might need a period to adjust to a different football culture; that it's not so long ago that some of our now most celebrated players were initially written off as not good enough. Let's give the lad the benefit of the doubt., eh.

With Arsenal coming up next Saturday I honestly think we cannot afford to drop any points whatsoever in the next two games.

If Arsenal win their next two games before they play us and we drop more points then Arsenal will likely be coming to the Etihad with a win in their minds and hoping to go 10+ points ahead of us, that for me would pretty much see us out of the title race!

sam-caddick said:
With Arsenal coming up next Saturday I honestly think we cannot afford to drop any points whatsoever in the next two games.

If Arsenal win their next two games before they play us and we drop more points then Arsenal will likely be coming to the Etihad with a win in their minds and hoping to go 10+ points ahead of us, that for me would pretty much see us out of the title race!
Have to agree,wont even be at the half way stage in the season and this game could well define if we are still in with a shout of the title....

Rammyblues said:
Why change a winning team same again please and that means Komps on the bench no need to rush him back for a full 90 mins can save that for Southampton IMO.

Might need a game to get up to speed. So if fit ,i'd play him against West Brom.<br /><br />-- Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:00 am --<br /><br />
Craig said:

Against Norwich, since he has been a lot better and is getting better with every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.