West Brom Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrE said:
I think in naming the teams Pellers needs to consider as far ahead as the Arsenal game, thats 4 games in 13 days and the biggest no lose is Arsenal.

I would be looking similar to below to try to give the right players the rest ready for Arsenal.

SWANSEA WBA SOTON BAYERN ARSENAL
REST 3 3 3 4
1st 4th 7th 10th 14th
PANTS PANTS PANTS HART TBA
ZABA RICHARDS ZABA RICHARDS ZABA
MARTIN MARTIN KOMPS MARTIN KOMPS
JOLO JOLO JOLO BOYATA JOLO
CLICHY KOLAROV CLICHY KOLAROV CLICHY
NAVAS NAVAS MILNER MILNER NAVAS
YAYA YAYA YAYA RODWELL YAYA
FERN MILNER FERN MILNER FERN
NASRI NASRI NASRI SILVA SILVA
AGUERO DZEKO AGUERO GUIDETTI AGUERO
NEVADO NEVADO NEVADO DZEKO NASRI

You obviously want a second string for the Bayern game, but I don't get the impression Pelle will look at it that way. I'd be with you on that to a large degree, although I think playing Milner instead of Navas and Fern in the same match is going too far.

There does look to be too much chopping and changing there, why not give them runs of games? It would have the same effect.

League is ours if we can start to take 4 points from every 2 aways.

Don't need to do more than that in advance of the Arsenal game

Craig said:
Don't care what team of the year he made he is not a good defender and far too slow for the highline we play. His touch is good yes but he gives the ball away a fair bit with risky passes. Watch the Plzen game again and some of the things he did were terrible for a defender at any level. The one where Hart saved with his feet was a prime example.When Swansea should have scored before h/t was again appalling defending.Diving in whilst the last man when the Swansea player was barely running at the time.

You do realize MDM was in the team of La Liga playing for the team and manager who's trying to implement this new high line system, right? He's very vital in the team as he acquaints himself with the league and players he offers a Giggs type player/coach to help players who aren't quite comfortable yet in the system. Every defender makes mistakes and we can't bench them all, can't dwell on what could of happen, fact is we still ended up with a clean sheet on Sunday.

MrE said:
I think in naming the teams Pellers needs to consider as far ahead as the Arsenal game, thats 4 games in 13 days and the biggest no lose is Arsenal.

I would be looking similar to below to try to give the right players the rest ready for Arsenal.

SWANSEA WBA SOTON BAYERN ARSENAL
REST 3 3 3 4
1st 4th 7th 10th 14th
PANTS PANTS PANTS HART TBA
ZABA RICHARDS ZABA RICHARDS ZABA
MARTIN MARTIN KOMPS MARTIN KOMPS
JOLO JOLO JOLO BOYATA JOLO
CLICHY KOLAROV CLICHY KOLAROV CLICHY
NAVAS NAVAS MILNER MILNER NAVAS
YAYA YAYA YAYA RODWELL YAYA
FERN MILNER FERN MILNER FERN
NASRI NASRI NASRI SILVA SILVA
AGUERO DZEKO AGUERO GUIDETTI AGUERO
NEVADO NEVADO NEVADO DZEKO NASRI

Rubbish rubbish crap rubbish crap

Ballymagash Blue said:
lasereyes said:
Craig said:
Don't care what team of the year he made he is not a good defender and far too slow for the highline we play. His touch is good yes but he gives the ball away a fair bit with risky passes. Watch the Plzen game again and some of the things he did were terrible for a defender at any level. The one where Hart saved with his feet was a prime example.When Swansea should have scored before h/t was again appalling defending.Diving in whilst the last man when the Swansea player was barely running at the time.

He also pulled down Pablo Hernandez for what should have been a penalty. I think overall he is an ok backup, but he definitely had a poor game on Sun. Some folks here seem to go solely by the result. If we win, all is right. If we lose, then they are a bunch of losers.

Some folks might also understand that even the greatest players are amalgams of strengths and weaknesses; that a player coming from another league might need a period to adjust to a different football culture; that it's not so long ago that some of our now most celebrated players were initially written off as not good enough. Let's give the lad the benefit of the doubt., eh.

Never said he wasn't good enough, bud. Just said he had a poor game Sunday - which he did.

lasereyes said:
Ballymagash Blue said:
lasereyes said:
He also pulled down Pablo Hernandez for what should have been a penalty. I think overall he is an ok backup, but he definitely had a poor game on Sun. Some folks here seem to go solely by the result. If we win, all is right. If we lose, then they are a bunch of losers.

Some folks might also understand that even the greatest players are amalgams of strengths and weaknesses; that a player coming from another league might need a period to adjust to a different football culture; that it's not so long ago that some of our now most celebrated players were initially written off as not good enough. Let's give the lad the benefit of the doubt., eh.

Never said he wasn't good enough, bud. Just said he had a poor game Sunday - which he did.

In your opnion. I thought both CB's did ok on Sunday.

Marvin said:
League is ours if we can start to take 4 points from every 2 aways.

Don't need to do more than that in advance of the Arsenal game
No good for me especially if were to assume arsenal win their next two games.
That would give them a cushionof at least 2pts for our match which would in effect give them a free run at that game.
It"s wins now and only wins now to be sure of staying in touch I'm afraid.

Craig said:
We defended very well against Swansea. They had more possession than us yet they created one real chance. Yes Demichelis got done badly for that chance, but generally he had a very good game reading and anticipating their attacks.

He's an Argentinian international and a player who had 8 successful years at Bayern Munich. He was also one of the best defenders in Spain last season. Pellegrini was a defender. He knows defenders.

I agree we defended poorly against Plzen, but overall Demichelis has done a good job for us. So much so that if Kompany comes back, Demichelis may stay in the team. He's not quick enough to be a really top defender, and would need to be partnered by someone like Kompany, but he's as quick as Terry, or Mertesacker. Pace isn't everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.