West Brom Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Brom are a decent side but they are beatable and even if it is a scrappy win that will still give us something to work on away from home.

LoveCity said:
The problem is if we don't rotate it will start to show, especially with Yaya and Fernandinho who are being overworked because of the immense drop-off in quality after them (Garcia). Rodwell is back now, but no telling how he'll be after another spell on the sidelines.
Correct we need to keep rotating the team . But the 1 area I wouldn't rotate as much is the defence .

Very important game this one. We need to win and put our away form demons to rest for good. With Southampton over the weekend, anything other then all 3 points would be pretty devestating to a title challenge.

Hopefully VK is back, but other then that I wouldn't make any changes. It may risk tiring some players out but we'll have to face that problem if and when it arises, we can't risk dropping points in this one.

so, who will be the cb-s against west brom? is Demichelis or Lescott going to partner Komps? i have a feeling Pellegrini is going to start Demi, because he trusts him alot more than Lescott.

LoveCity said:
The problem is if we don't rotate it will start to show, especially with Yaya and Fernandinho who are being overworked because of the immense drop-off in quality after them (Garcia). Rodwell is back now, but no telling how he'll be after another spell on the sidelines.
The problem is we have dug a hole for ourselves as a result of the earlier losses. I can't see therefore how we can rest either Yaya or Fernandinho at this critical time with the two away games, then Bayern and the Gooners. In principle we need to rotate, but the question is when can we afford to do it?

LoveCity said:
Yaya will get a rest next week as he is banned.so strongest team please

Think people and media overhype our awayform (or the lack of it). Hope it doesn't play a part in the heads of the players like it seems to be doing so with a lot of people on here. Resultwise is doesn't look good. Stats however don't always tell the truth.
WBA will be a good test as they have always been at the Hawthorns. It's all about playing a professional concentrated game with more ruthlessness about us. We are hard to beat as we have been over the last 3 or 4 years. And we don't need to go there and play attractive football for the sake of their fans. It's all about results -no matter in that way we gain them- in the December-month, starting Wednesday.

As others have said, i would be tempted to rest a striker for either this one or Southampton and toughen up the midfield a bit.

Preferably for me it would be Milner in there but Pellegrini seems to prefer Garcia in a midfield three.

I'd go with:

Pantilimon
Zaba Demechelis Kompany Clichy
Fernandinho Milner
Navas Nasri
Yaya
Negredo

Sergio looked positively fucked towards the end yesterday and in the first half last Wednesday. I'd leave him on the bench with the option of bringing him on if required

With Negredo being subbed after an hour yesterday, that pretty much confirms he will start on Wednesday
Same team as yesterday with one change, Kompany starting instead of Demichelis

We really need to win this one, so starting with our best eleven available is an absolute

First away trip for me in bloody ages! For some reason, I fell really confident about this one. No bloody idea why :)

Stick Vinny straight back in the starting line up & go with our strongest line up. No rotation for this one please MP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.