West Brom Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-5-1 for me boss the game in midfield.

Pantilimon

Zaba Kompany Lescott Clichy

Navas Milner Fernandinho Yaya Nasri

Aguero

Plenty of power and skill in this team to beat anybody let alone WBA hoping for a 2-1 win but hate playing away from home :( if MP plays a 4-4-2 I can see us losing again we seem to be to open and away from home that's not a good thing.

mad zab said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
mad zab said:
I believe we should change the formation for the two away games

Pants

Zabba Kompany Demechelis Clichy

Navas Toure Fernandhino Milner

Nasri

Negredo

I would give Sergio a rest for this game. Play Nasri as the most forward midfield player, with Yaya assisting him and Ferny sitting in front of the back four.

I believe we should play our strongest defence whenever possible. This is one part of the team that we should stop rotating, unless it is because of injury.

That's right. We are struggling with our away for, so lets rest probably our best player.
No wonder you're called mad ;-)

Negredo is perfectly capable of leading the line on his own, and we have plenty of other attacking players who can score.

Playing all your best players doesn't automatically mean you will win. Playing the best system for a particular game gives you the best chance of winning.

As I said I think we need to be more tactically aware away from home and using three midfielders will benefit us IMO

I would rest Aguero and play him against Southampton

Playing Milner away usually means a loss.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Someone has mentioned in another thread but the way we've been playing counter attacking football at home isn't by fault but design, someone away is about to get a pasting, the way west brom set up at home could be the perfect fit, win that comfortably, which IMO we will, Southampton could be the defining moment when looking back in may......

2 wins and we'll be hard to stop from here on in, personally I always thought December would be when we push on!!!!

We've certainly had a change in tactics. We never ever lose out in possession over 90 mins ( well almost never) and in the last 2 league games where we've scored 9 and let none in we've been without the ball more than with it.

I've watched WBA against the Toon and Villa on telly and they shouldn't hold a threat.

Olsson (sp) I think will come off a second best against the Beast, and Vinny if he starts or Lescott should hold Long. I could be proven wrong but they don't have a lot else to worry us.

Put out our strongest team and bring on English Dave for Navas on the hour. Sholuld hopefully be 2/3-0 ....then onto Soton.

------------ Pantillimon ------------

Zab --- Vinnie -- Demichellis - Clichy

-------- Rodwell -- Dinho ---------
--------------- Yaya -------------

--- Nasri ----------------- Aguero --
-------------- Negredo -------------

mad zab said:
I believe we should change the formation for the two away games

Pants

Zabba Kompany Demechelis Clichy

Navas Toure Fernandhino Milner

Nasri

Negredo

I would give Sergio a rest for this game. Play Nasri as the most forward midfield player, with Yaya assisting him and Ferny sitting in front of the back four.

I believe we should play our strongest defence whenever possible. This is one part of the team that we should stop rotating, unless it is because of injury.
Absolutely no way should we rest Sergio. Him and Negredo are on fire at the moment. From the Sunday line up, I'd put Jimmy Milner in for Navas to strengthen the midfield and hopefully Saint Vincent for either J Lo or Mick Daylis.

yankblue said:
Very important game this one. We need to win and put our away form demons to rest for good. With Southampton over the weekend, anything other then all 3 points would be pretty devestating to a title challenge.

Hopefully VK is back, but other then that I wouldn't make any changes. It may risk tiring some players out but we'll have to face that problem if and when it arises, we can't risk dropping points in this one.
We'll that problem may be why we are poor on the road. It doesn't arise by announcement. You just stop seeing similar energy and performance. And we have seen that a few good times too many already.

We really need a player of Yohan Cabaye calibre to join our midfield rotation. I am diss appointed Roddy is not making the grade with so many injuries.

The Pink Panther said:
With Negredo being subbed after an hour yesterday, that pretty much confirms he will start on Wednesday
Same team as yesterday with one change, Kompany starting instead of Demichelis

We really need to win this one, so starting with our best eleven available is an absolute
Pantilimon
Micah...kompany..MDM...Kolarov
Milner....Dihno...Yaya....Nasri..
..Negredo.......Dzeko..............

I don't like the team either, but that is the likely lineup.

We really need help in that middle. Both Garcia and Rodwell are simply not cutting it.

Dax777 said:
yankblue said:
Very important game this one. We need to win and put our away form demons to rest for good. With Southampton over the weekend, anything other then all 3 points would be pretty devestating to a title challenge.

Hopefully VK is back, but other then that I wouldn't make any changes. It may risk tiring some players out but we'll have to face that problem if and when it arises, we can't risk dropping points in this one.
We'll that problem may be why we are poor on the road. It doesn't arise by announcement. You just stop seeing similar energy and performance. And we have seen that a few good times too many already.

We really need a player of Yohan Cabaye calibre to join our midfield rotation. I am diss appointed Roddy is not making the grade with so many injuries.
You make a valid point about the energy levels seeming to drop away from home. But shouldn't we be addressing this problem rather than trying to solve it by rotation? West Brom played on Saturday evening (admittedly 24 hours before us) but I doubt they will be having a massive upheaval in team selection. Likewise Saints next Saturday will have also played Wednesday so both sides should have similar energy levels. I would accept travel time in Europe as a fitness issue but that's not the case this week and I believe the answer has to lie in fitness and tactics and not just rotation.

Be as open as we used to be away from home and we will be punished like we used to be. WBA and Soton too are both great at it.

These two away games will tell a lot about our fight for the title.

Academica said:
mad zab said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
That's right. We are struggling with our away for, so lets rest probably our best player.
No wonder you're called mad ;-)

Negredo is perfectly capable of leading the line on his own, and we have plenty of other attacking players who can score.

Playing all your best players doesn't automatically mean you will win. Playing the best system for a particular game gives you the best chance of winning.

As I said I think we need to be more tactically aware away from home and using three midfielders will benefit us IMO

I would rest Aguero and play him against Southampton

Playing Milner away usually means a loss.

Playing away usually means a loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.