West Brom Vs City Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
do any of you seriously hand on heart think Kompany will be left out next week?
its the same daft shit every pre season,getting all carried away with kick abouts that dont matter,training exercises,we could win the treble yet this time next year the same bollocks will be posted..and the year after that and the year after that etc

Hart
Sagna (Zabaleta**) Denayer (Demichelis**) Mangala Clichy
Y. Toure Fernando Pogba*
Sterling Ihenacho Silva

*hopeful that he'd have signed and gotten up to speed come next week monday.....I guess that's way too optimistic but can't help but wish/dream for it
**when can we realistically have our south-american contigent playing?
***Pogba to help out on the left and Sterling on the right. If I took anything from yesterdays match, it was that possession is key to creativity and without the former, the chances for the latter would be quite slender as creative players would be getting the ball less frequently. We need a Pogba and i honestly want the management of the club to take that pinch knowing that this would be the last trasfer window ever when we would be treated this way as we'd now have top players for the next 10 years except in the FB positions (it'd generally not cost much to get a good LB or)

Hart
Sagna
Otamendi
Mangala
Clichy
Fernando
Yaya
Silva
Sterling
De bruyne
Bony

Highly unlikely i know with regards otamendi but would like to think they would sort de bruyne out asap!

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Denayer
Clichy
Fernando
Yaya
Nasri
Silva
Sterling
Aguero

Don't care about no football for the argies for 3 week get them on the pitch. Can't be worst than that shambles yesterday.

We all know it'll be...

Hart

Sagna - Kompany - Mangala - Kolarov

Yaya - Fernando

Navas - Silva - Nasri

Sterling

We all know it'll be...

Hart

Sagna - Kompany - Mangala - Kolarov

Yaya - Fernando

Navas - Silva - Nasri

Sterling
I think you are right.

Not sure what the real alternative is if the Copa America people need another week.

I don't like seeing Nasri and Silva playing together because as fine a player as Nasri is he seems to slow movements down without getting in as much penetrating passes as Silva. But an undoubted talented player though.

Navas for me just hasn't worked out as we'd hoped. A combination of erratic final delivery and paucity of targets to hit maybe, I dunno. If we play this formation then we need more goals from the three behind the striker. I'm assuming Sterling will be one of them but we need someone on the right with more goals in them than Navas.

For the 22 mill release price I'd take Pedro and move Nasri and Navas on. They're both fine, fine players but just not working out as first choice starters for us. They deserve better and we need different.

All IMHO of course

Not sure but we look so under-prepared... Lightweight in midfield; Fernandinho should have been ready for this game... I note PSG had Luiz, T Silva and Cavani playing last night (and they already played the 2 previous friendly games) so they're clearly ready for the KO... Seems poor planning from our side.

You're in for it now. I said the south Americans should be getting some kind of game time against Stuttgart on Friday and got absolutely jumped on for it. There's no way any of them can play next week now if they wasn't even prepared to take them to Germany. And whenever we do throw them in, they're going to need games to get up to standard. The entire pre-season has been poor preparation, it's even worse when they know we've got such a crucial game against Chelsea so early on in the season. How can we seemingly be so under-prepared? I'll be watching the Charity shield later and hoping Chelsea have balls'd it up too but i somehow doubt it.

The team will be the side that started against Stuttgart but with Yaya and Fernando (if as expected they're fit) in for Evans and Nasri.

Hart
sagna
Kompany
Mangala
Kolarov
Yaya
Fernando
Navas
Silva
Sterling
Bony

After that shambles yesterday not sure who should start, I had a feeling that yesterday's starting 11 would start at WBA, with 1 exception being Fernando or Delph (if fit) in for Evans, after that first half hopefully big changes, however with MP that seems unlikely.

I'd like* to see 4-3-3 with a bit of youth and energy allied with experience in Yaya & Silva

Hart
Sagna
Clichy
Denayear
Mangala

Yaya
Fernando
Zucculini

Sterling
Silva
Ineanacho

*like subject to the understanding that several players won't be ready.

But based on MP track record I expect
Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Mangala

Yaya
Fernando
Nasri

Silva
Sterling
Bony

Is there any update on Delph yet?

I'd go
-----------------Hart------------------
Zabaleta Kompany denayer clichy
------- Delph* ----fernandinho-------
---------------Yaya---------------
------sliva-------------sterling---
---------------bony---------------

Zulcilini if Delph not ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.