West Brom Vs City Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will probably play Silva as a striker with Nasri, Navas, and Sterling supporting.

Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Mangala
Kolarov
Navas
Fernando
Yaya
Sterling
Silva
Bony
I'd substitute Nasri for Navas but I'd otherwise be OK with this for West Brom with our fitness and injury issues. Sheesh, the way people are having kittens on here you'd think it was Barcelona away in the Champs league knockout on Monday.

I'd substitute Nasri for Navas but I'd otherwise be OK with this for West Brom with our fitness and injury issues. Sheesh, the way people are having kittens on here you'd think it was Barcelona away in the Champs league knockout on Monday.
Assuming Fernandinho won't play, given the real lack of steel in the middle of midfield I'd play Navas opposite Sterling as they both track back and make an effort to defend. Don't think the same can be said of Sami tbf.

He will probably play Silva as a striker with Nasri, Navas, and Sterling supporting.
It seems silly to do that when he's been using Bony and Nacho (except against Real) during the preseason. However, you're probably right!!! I prefer to have Silva, Sterling and co. playing in their best positions. They'll be more effective there, and the team will play better as a result, IMO.

The most likely scenario is that Bony will start, but hopefully Pellegrini has seen how Nacho can fit into this squad this season and have him on the bench. Hopefully he'll get some minutes in the second half.

Get Bony in there, we need someone in the box while we try to break down the Pulis bus. You can be sure that's how Pulis will set it up.

If I were making the team sheet I'd go:

Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Denayer
Kolarov
Toure
Fernando
Nasri
Silva
Sterling
Iheanacho

Subs: Caballero, Zabaleta, Mangala, Fernandinho, Navas, Aguero, Bony

Not who I want us to necessarily throw out there, but I don't think any of the Copa America players will start.

I think Bony will start, but I'd love to see Kelechi start or at least make an appearance. He's going to be a Nigerian Nightmare for oppositions this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.