mangala
kolarov

fernando?
yaya

silva
nasri
sterling

nacho

thats how I would go but I get the feeling pellers will play vinny, navas, bony for denyer, nasri, nacho

I'd go with that, if we don't have the use of Zaba or MDM, not overly impressed with Sagna going forward, and Kolarov is better as a wing back, I just hope Vinny gets his positioning sorted this season, none of that wandering all over the place, as Mangala has a habit of doing that too, we can't have both of them doing it, especially with the pace WBA have upfront.
Yaya and Fernandinho if available
Yeah, I've omitted the Copa America mob because I don't think they'll be involved. Doubts over Yaya and Fernando as well, so it could be totally different again.

How long does it take professional athletes to get fit after a months break? By the time our first match comes around haven't our South American players had three weeks training under their belt? Surely one or two must be fit to start?

How long does it take professional athletes to get fit after a months break? By the time our first match comes around haven't our South American players had three weeks training under their belt? Surely one or two must be fit to start?

That's what I said earlier on in the thread. I'm hoping we'll see them all available as we look a bit ropey without them. If so, I'd go:

.................Hart

Zaba.....MD.....Mangala...Kolarov (unless Clichy's fit)

.........Fernandinho..Toure

Navas.........Silva..........Sterling

..............Aguero

We really ought to be able to cope without 3-4 players being available, especially in a game against West Brom (no disrespect intended as I'm sure they'll put up a strong showing).
However what's concerning to me is not so much the personnel but the system. Familiar problems have surfaced in pre-season and yes results of friendlies have no bearing on the season ahead, but the performances definitely do. Vulnerable at the back, huge spaces between our defence and our midfield, lack f bodies in the box, lots of possession but not reflected in goal scoring opportunities, breaking at pace but then stopping at the box and pulling the ball back for a slow build up passage allowing opposition to get numbers behind the ball, set piece impotency.....

Regardless of pre-season results you would expect to have seen improvements in these areas.

Having said that I still think we'll beat WBA, but the game after that, well hopefully its clicked into place by then.

Is there any tenable excuse that our south american players won't be ready at the start of the season when some of their counterparts in other teams are ready a week before? A bad start to the season would see us chasing like we were doing through out last season. Arsenal look ready, Chelsea will no doubt benefit from a regime of stability even though they have a few injury concerns here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.