West Brom Vs City Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Copa America players have had a relatively short break, so shouldn't need the amount of pre season training as those players that were on holiday from mid May until the end of June. Their fitness levels should be ok. Perhaps better than a player who misses 3 or 4 games in mid season due to injury.

It might be unwise to bring them all back at once but, equally, leaving them all out doesn't seem to be necessary or desireable. Surely the longer they're out the more they will lose match fitness? If they dont play tomorrow it makes it more difficult to pick them for the Chelsea game.

I know Pellegrini indicated they would miss the first couple of games but that was before the fixture schedule threw up Chelsea as the 2nd game. Last year Aguero was eased back with two subs appearences. But then he was also recovering from injury so would not have been able to train flat out. My guess is that Aguero will, as a minimum, play 30 mins tomorrow.

Would rather start with a stronger team and hopefully get a decent comfortable lead THEN take sergio etc off. Dont really want them having to come on to rescue the game.

Hart
Sagna
Vinny
Mangala
Kolarov
Fernando
Fernandihno
Yaya
Silva
Sterling
Aguero

The only South American I see missing from the start would be aguero but I'd expect him to be on the bench and to get on for bony at some point.

I'm expecting an almost full strength team as follows

Hart
Zab vk mangala kolarov
Fdinho yaya fdino
Silva bony sterling

Poor Dinho, hasn't even had a pre season and expected to do the work of two.

Poor Dinho, hasn't even had a pre season and expected to do the work of two.
Last season when played with Yaya and Fernando he was doing the work of 3!

I'd start only Fernandinho of the South Americans; if the likes of Sagna isn't trusted ahead of an un-matchfit Zabaleta in this game (no disrespect to WBA), then there is no point having him in the squad this season.

For slightly different reasons I'd start Iheanacho and not Bony, as Bony has had 1 half of football but, more to the point, I think Iheanacho had another excellent pre season, is the most match fit of the 3 strikers, and has definitely earned a start. Can't see Pellegrini picking him though.

Starting Iheancho would be a statement. Given pre-season play for both Bony & Aguero it could happen. I think it would be great to see.

I'd start only Fernandinho of the South Americans; if the likes of Sagna isn't trusted ahead of an un-matchfit Zabaleta in this game (no disrespect to WBA), then there is no point having him in the squad this season.

For slightly different reasons I'd start Iheanacho and not Bony, as Bony has had 1 half of football but, more to the point, I think Iheanacho had another excellent pre season, is the most match fit of the 3 strikers, and has definitely earned a start. Can't see Pellegrini picking him though.
Go along with this iheanacho over bony as first half Stuttgart has been the only football bony has had,and looked well off the pace..

That's the problem, and it's why Lopes apparently won't sign a new deal and wants to leave... "but Pellegrini won't pick him". I'd love him to prove us wrong.

Agree with starting Nacho, he's an absolute livewire, don't think the West Brom defenders will be able to handle him and Sterling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.