West Brom Vs City Pre match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navas and Milner very rarely started together last year. Working on the basis that Sterling has replaced Jimmy, then one would imagine that one of them will start on the bench.

ATM I'm not sure who will play centrally if indeed we go with a 4-3-3. Silva/Sterling/Bony as the front 3 with Yaya behind. After that I'm fucked.

Who plays alongside Yaya?

No:

Delph
Fernando
Fernandinho

If you read between the lines of the press conference.

I may be being a bit fucking silly here but I'm reckoning Zuccilini has to start this game with probably Nasri.

I don't see him risking the South Americans. If it Nasri then Yaya is carrying a lot more responsibility there.

Now we are closer I reckon:

Hart
Sagna
Kompany
Mangala
Kolarov
Toure
Nasri
Zuccilini
Sterling
Silva
Bony

Not my choice that, I'd have Denayer in there, but I think that's what he will go with.

Didn't pellers say everyone other than Delph and clichy are fit?

Didn't pellers say everyone other than Delph and clichy are fit?

He did, but you have to read between the lines with him sometimes.

Further on in the presser he said they were not 100% and I'm be amazed if he started any of them. They're not match fit, 3 weeks behind everyone else.

Given the frailty of Aguero, and to a lesser extent Fernando and zaba, then you would think they'll be in the squad but on the bench.

The lineup I posted earlier will be as near as i think

Why isn't Fernandinho playing?

He might.

But like the rest of the South Americans he hasn't had a pre season.

It's just risking injury. They'll have been a couple of behind closed doors but it's not the same.

I think if we're in the shit then he may be forced into bringing one or two off the bench

Really, the last I put up should be beating West Brom. It's more than good enough.

He might.

But like the rest of the South Americans he hasn't had a pre season.

It's just risking injury. They'll have been a couple of behind closed doors but it's not the same.

I think if we're in the shit then he may be forced into bringing one or two off the bench

Really, the last I put up should be beating West Brom. It's more than good enough.
I don't get that though. Brazil were knocked out early, no reason he shouldn't be playing.

Luis played for PSG in America 2 weeks ago. Douglas costa started last week for bayern. The state our midfield is in, it's crazy if he doesn't play.

Further on in the presser he said they were not 100% and I'm be amazed if he started any of them. They're not match fit, 3 weeks behind everyone else.

Given the frailty of Aguero, and to a lesser extent Fernando and zaba, then you would think they'll be in the squad but on the bench.

I believe Fernando had a full pre-season as he wasn't in the Brazil squad for the copa america so he should be 100% match fit, my best guess is he starts in a midfield 3 with Yaya and Nasri.

The only South American I see missing from the start would be aguero but I'd expect him to be on the bench and to get on for bony at some point.

I'm expecting an almost full strength team as follows

Hart
Zab vk mangala kolarov
Fdinho yaya fdino
Silva bony sterling

I think it is for those reasons they will start. We need Kun et al firing on all cylinders next Sunday.

A mate at work told me this morning that in the last five seasons, the eventual Premier League winner has had its first game on the Monday night.

I knew we had, but wasn't aware that it had happened in the other three seasons as well.
As a back up I suppose you should put a tenner on WBA then if you're a gambler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.