West Brom Vs CityPost Match Discussion Thread

des hardi said:
ornasas said:
OMG Edin you legend I put £5 on us to win when we went behind and when Edin was coming on I said 2 goals from him were coming! Haha just got me £92 the beauty. Will be wearing my Dzeko shirt all day :D

raise one to edin & all the blues later then mate! ;)

Will do, will do =D

Great second half game!

taconinja said:
I can't understand people that want to put our forwards in some sort of gladatorial death match.

1. All four of them played extremely well today. All. Four. Of. Them.

2. Our problem was at the back. Kompany... well... we know what happened there. And Lescott played their goalscorer onside. I credit that one to West Brom, though, as well played.
Great post.

redmizzle said:
clarion said:
Edin Džeko is our fourth striker ????

Who fucking cares.

I'm sure HE (Edin) fucking does...
Mancini will run Dzeko out of town for Balotelli...and hope it will be the best thing for City...though I personally dont think so.

Re: clattenburg

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
MSP said:
Good performance. He was maybe bit harsh to book balotelli but out of that called everything he needed to call for both teams.

And the pen?
Well; he needs that to take down numbers of the players booked, keeping track of substitutions, goals etc etc

Re: clattenburg

he is a corrupt twat...apart from what he said about bellamy and zabba and not sending off or banning rooney after this and watching it afterwards with tea and biscuits

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8V845zmQbQ[/youtube]

he is a bent c..unt and a fkn disgrace

Am I the only one in thinking that West Brom were utterly shocking?

Fair enough from our point of view, with ten men we bossed it and I thought we deserved three points, but they were awful. Considering their form and confidence, at home against ten men (ok against the champions) they gave far too much respect. Their goal was only their second shot on target at the time and they only came out of their shell when we equalised. Played 90 minutes like an away team and tried to swamp the game by sitting behind the ball.

In that respect we take even more credit for breaking them down with a man less.

Only negative for us was the pace of our game and at times it was a weird spectacle to watch. I think we need to be sharper in possesion and press higher up the pitch, and not sit on the edge of our box. Yaya/Nasri and Tevez were all far too deep looking to recieve the ball. With West Broms game plan it was always a game of patience trying to kill them off and we did that so fair enough.

But I dont think we are as sharp or playing as well as this time last season. Chelsea look better than we do and like we did this time last year.

However, still unbeaten and that was a top performance under difficult circumstances and Im sure we will only get better as the season goes on.

impressed today, always looked the better team even with 10 men

we never give in, we never give in, were man city we never give in

Gotta love the Guardian's live account of the game

4.38pm Manchester City will be seven points behind Chelsea if they lose today. That's a big gap, even in October. I wonder what odds you'd get on Roberto Mancini being gone by the start of next season. It's certainly not beyond the realms.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/20/premier-league-clockwatch-live" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... watch-live</a>

Two minutes later, Dzeko levels the score.

4.49pm "Mancini should be gone anyway," says Tom Barneby. "He'll never do it in Europe – see his meltdowns for Inter after the Liverpool game (when Moratti has to stop you quitting in the changing room at full time something is amiss), for City with the Tevez affair (when he was in a red hot funk after Dzeko didn't look happy when subbed off for Barry) and castigating Hart for saying the right thing after the Madrid defeat. Fergie would have had the title wrapped up by Easter with that squad and Mancini needed an extra time winner at home against QPR. They'll get rid and get Pep/Jose in." Yes, if you swapped managers like year City would have been won by at least 10 points, probably 20.

Three minutes later, Dzeko scores the winner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.