West Brom Vs CityPost Match Discussion Thread

Re: clattenburg

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
MSP said:
Good performance. He was maybe bit harsh to book balotelli but out of that called everything he needed to call for both teams.

And the pen?

If you're meaning the handball I think he got it right, just outside the box. Still can't stand the guy though.

MSP said:
Good performance. He was maybe bit harsh to book balotelli but out of that called everything he needed to call for both teams.

And the pen?
Bic?<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:41 pm --<br /><br />
ayrshire_blue said:
MSP said:

And the pen?

If you're meaning the handball I think he got it right, just outside the box. Still can't stand the guy though.
It was a good two yards outside the box to be fair.

ayrshire_blue said:
What was Balotelli booked for? It reminded me of his booking at home to Spurs last season, a very tame challenge the opposing player made a meal of and the ref couldn't wait to get his card out. There was absolutely nothing in it, certainly nothing which would warrant a yellow card!

For having a bit of afters after a challenge, it was perfectic on both Balotelli's and Twattenberg's parts, Balotelli should told if you gonna pick up cards atleast do something worth picking it up for.

jake28 said:
Got the sending off spot on but totally lost the head and had a dire game as a whole

Somebody should tell him, as I don't whether he has worked it out yet... that if you start giving out cards for fuck all you'll have to get the yellow out for everything and you end up with niggley game which is harder for you to referee and exactly what teams like West Brom want, they were set up to play that way with that cheating scum prick Shane Long upfront.

ayrshire_blue said:
MSP said:

And the pen?

I will wager he would have got it wrong had it been at the other end of the field though.

MSP said:

Think you were watching a different game. No arguments with the sending off, but he must love the sound of his own whistle. We played about 12 minutes in the first half because he stopped it so bloody much

citymad said:
Despite the brilliant win Im still concerned that we aren't dealing with the oppositions high pressure game. More teams are playing that way against us yet I don't see it being done to other teams or maybe I'm just not noticing it.
There's a slowness to our game that seems to invite it more than for other teams. Players quite often stand still waiting for a pass to come to them or take an extra second looking around to see if a different pass is on.

I didn't think he was that bad.

The sending off was fair in my opinion. The penalty decision looked correct to me and I even thought his booking of balotelli wasn that bad. Balotelli clipped the player well after the ball ha gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.