West Brom Vs CityPost Match Discussion Thread

Re: clattenburg

cyprustavern said:
MSP said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
And the pen?

What pen? The handball? If that it was easily ot of the box

I would sign right now to have reffing like this in all our, United and Chelsea matches til the end of the season.

he is a prick amongst pricks (not you msp ..clattentwat)

I know he is :)

But not based on this performance, it was one of the best I've seen from him, specially on City matches.

blink922 said:
Blue Haze said:
Gotta love the Guardian's live account of the game

4.38pm Manchester City will be seven points behind Chelsea if they lose today. That's a big gap, even in October. I wonder what odds you'd get on Roberto Mancini being gone by the start of next season. It's certainly not beyond the realms.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/oct/20/premier-league-clockwatch-live" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... watch-live</a>

Two minutes later, Dzeko levels the score.

4.49pm "Mancini should be gone anyway," says Tom Barneby. "He'll never do it in Europe – see his meltdowns for Inter after the Liverpool game (when Moratti has to stop you quitting in the changing room at full time something is amiss), for City with the Tevez affair (when he was in a red hot funk after Dzeko didn't look happy when subbed off for Barry) and castigating Hart for saying the right thing after the Madrid defeat. Fergie would have had the title wrapped up by Easter with that squad and Mancini needed an extra time winner at home against QPR. They'll get rid and get Pep/Jose in." Yes, if you swapped managers like year City would have been won by at least 10 points, probably 20.

Three minutes later, Dzeko scores the winner.

But there's no agenda according to some.
There's not an agenda. It's just that there's a lot of United fans (and others who don't like us) working in the media. What do you expect they'll be like?

I'm glad of it anyway. I want to be hated.

tonea2003 said:
impressed today, always looked the better team even with 10 men

we never give in, we never give in, were man city we never give in

That's why we are unbeaten :)

In real time, I didn't think Kun had put enough on the pass to Edin, but just watched it again, and it is perfect. As good, if not better than Hazard's to Mata earlier on.

Deepest Blue said:
taconinja said:
I can't understand people that want to put our forwards in some sort of gladatorial death match.

1. All four of them played extremely well today. All. Four. Of. Them.

2. Our problem was at the back. Kompany... well... we know what happened there. And Lescott played their goalscorer onside. I credit that one to West Brom, though, as well played.
Great post.
Spot on. We have four excellent strikers with different strengths, and Bobby will play them as he thinks best. I wish people would stop being cnutish rags with their hatred of certain players and get behind the lads. Komps have had a poor start of the season but we still love him, right? Hell I even adore Tevez these days. C'mon you blues!

Brendan110_0 said:
Irwell said:
citymad said:
Despite the brilliant win Im still concerned that we aren't dealing with the oppositions high pressure game. More teams are playing that way against us yet I don't see it being done to other teams or maybe I'm just not noticing it.
There's a slowness to our game that seems to invite it more than for other teams. Players quite often stand still waiting for a pass to come to them or take an extra second looking around to see if a different pass is on.

We played well, dominated and created lots of chances, it would've been a travesty if we hadn't have won. All players on that pitch today played well (even Kompany).

totally agree we were great today just a little concerned with this aspect of our game that i don't want exploited.

Can't be overstated what a great win that was. We had to contend with:

An early yellow from our most volotile player
A mistake by our normally solid Captain
A red to one of our most influential players of late.
Over an hour with 10 men
Playing against an in form team (100% home record so far)

To come away with 3 points after all that is a Champions perfomance, the scum have done this for years and we are getting the same mentality.

We are 6 points better off than last season against the same teams (That's swapping Swansea for Southampton)

Just wait until we start playing well !!!!

Steve Clarke with a very unbiased interview despite being goaded by Skys interviewer:
Sky:How did you thing the game went?
SC: Must give credit to City

Sky:Did you think it was a clear sending off?
SC: It could have gone either way

Sky: City bring on a 38 million pound player off the bench what did you think?
SC: We dont discuss the price of other clubs players

Seems like a decent enough fella

On corresponding games to last season - taking into account promoted teams in place of relegated teams - we're 4 points better off.

I know that's not always the best thing to judge off because a team's form, the time of year/day, the weather conditions etc. will all be different...but it's a nice thing to know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.