West Ham 2016/17

Was talking to a Hammers fan on the walk back to town after our game with them...He said the general consensus is most hate it

I personally think it's just teething problems...I don't think many of us were particularly enamored when we first moved

They converted it properly when we moved in, temporary seating made out of scaffolding over the existing bottom tier looks like the Gene Kelly stand on steroids.

I remember my seat collapsing in the old gene Kelly at Maine road and having to stand and watch it at the back of the stand for the rest of the game. God knows what they've made this structure out of but after a couple of seasons of wear and tear it will look terrible.

Big mistake this by West Ham perhaps they could have done what the dippers have done and extended Upton Park. Gate receipts and attendances don't make a club these days it's tv money and sponsorship.

Getting to Stratford is the easy part. After that, you get channelled through the Westfield shopping mall - crazy idea. Once that's navigated and you haven't succumbed to the beckoning fingers of Fat Face or Nandos, then there is quite a walk to the stadium. When I went for an RL international, the walk back was dire, lots of people all bottlenecking back into the shopping centre. So what was the solution? Stewards with STOP & GO boards held up in the air, letting the left side funnel through, then the right, then the left etc. Took ages. Was all good natured have to say, but are they still operating that system now?

Getting to Stratford is the easy part. After that, you get channelled through the Westfield shopping mall - crazy idea. Once that's navigated and you haven't succumbed to the beckoning fingers of Fat Face or Nandos, then there is quite a walk to the stadium. When I went for an RL international, the walk back was dire, lots of people all bottlenecking back into the shopping centre. So what was the solution? Stewards with STOP & GO boards held up in the air, letting the left side funnel through, then the right, then the left etc. Took ages. Was all good natured have to say, but are they still operating that system now?

It takes less than 10 mins to get from the stadium to my station - Stratford international - i don't walk through the shopping center and from there trains are running all the time - my train to Ebbsfleet takes 10mins - so literally, from my couch to my stadium seat i can do in half hour. Its a god send! My view is fine. atmosphere is great and im happy with pretty much everything else.

- the biggest issue at present, is the old 'standers' at Upton Park refusing to sit... this is causing rifts and stewards are not handling it well - but i feel many of these 'die hard' hammers are causing unnecessary aggro - Ive always sat at Upton Park hence i don't feel bothered about sitting, and obviously when theres a goal threat we all naturally stand. Maybe attendance will twindle like some have mentioned but that's just a prediction, at the moment were selling at 57,000 - that may go down in future if we don't perform well. so be it.

Correct and I stand by that.

The Stadium and atmosphere is amazing. It was again a sell out yesterday (when people before start of season said it wouldn't be) plus for me personally - I can get to my house to kick off in 20 mins.

There is still teething issues - some pockets of fans are refusing to sit. I can see there point if they been used to standing at Upton Park all there lives - so this is causing some issues and also lack of policing to deal with the drink idiots we have. Once the dust has settled all will be fine.
So you are happy your clubs owners refuse to pay the police to allow them into the ground?

It takes less than 10 mins to get from the stadium to my station - Stratford international - i don't walk through the shopping center and from there trains are running all the time - my train to Ebbsfleet takes 10mins - so literally, from my couch to my stadium seat i can do in half hour. Its a god send! My view is fine. atmosphere is great and im happy with pretty much everything else.

- the biggest issue at present, is the old 'standers' at Upton Park refusing to sit... this is causing rifts and stewards are not handling it well - but i feel many of these 'die hard' hammers are causing unnecessary aggro - Ive always sat at Upton Park hence i don't feel bothered about sitting, and obviously when theres a goal threat we all naturally stand. Maybe attendance will twindle like some have mentioned but that's just a prediction, at the moment were selling at 57,000 - that may go down in future if we don't perform well. so be it.

Well my experience of goat-herding seems a thing of the past then. 10 mins from ground to station, I'll take that anywhere in the world!
Good luck this season hammer,

Its sad that police need to be present among own supporters

Have you got a link to this ?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ords-FA-begin-fan-fighting-investigation.html

Apologies for the misinformation it's the stadium owners not paying, not West Ham.

Anecdotal evidence on both 5live and talkshite this morning from West Ham fans claiming it was the clubs fault after one of them asked a police inspector why they weren't in the ground. Only to be told they are not allowed in until they are paid for.

I think it's great you're getting such big attendances. I'm surprised that the club seem so intent on going up to 66000 so quickly though. Yes there's been a big take up but what you want is sustainability and despite the optimism the last thing you want in 5 years time is to be in a stadium with thousands of empty seats once the novelty wears off or if form becomes indifferent.

I think it's great you're getting such big attendances. I'm surprised that the club seem so intent on going up to 66000 so quickly though. Yes there's been a big take up but what you want is sustainability and despite the optimism the last thing you want in 5 years time is to be in a stadium with thousands of empty seats once the novelty wears off or if form becomes indifferent.
Think you're being unreasonable expecting any sort if plan/business model from Sullivan.

With the facilities they've robbed from the country they could sell for a profit at anytime.

Sustainability isn't on his mind just preparing to sell for as much as possible.

Think you're being unreasonable expecting any sort if plan/business model from Sullivan.

With the facilities they've robbed from the country they could sell for a profit at anytime.

Sustainability isn't on his mind just preparing to sell for as much as possible.

Robbed?

People said that about us when we first moved if you remember. It's an argument that makes zero sense.

The stadium would be completely unused if it wasn't for West Ham and its up to West Ham as a business to get the absolute best deal they can for it.

If they agree to pay £2million a year they're not going to turnaround and say 'that seems too good, we'll give you £5million instead!'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.