West Ham 2016/17

Think you're being unreasonable expecting any sort if plan/business model from Sullivan.

With the facilities they've robbed from the country they could sell for a profit at anytime.

Sustainability isn't on his mind just preparing to sell for as much as possible.

Yeah I get that. Both are getting on and the club is primed for takeover and has lots of potential. That said, they only actually are entitled to use the ground 22 times a year - there or thereabouts. They won't be able to generate much revenue out of away from match days. That's my understanding anyway.

Robbed?

People said that about us when we first moved if you remember. It's an argument that makes zero sense.

The stadium would be completely unused if it wasn't for West Ham and its up to West Ham as a business to get the absolute best deal they can for it.

If they agree to pay £2million a year they're not going to turnaround and say 'that seems too good, we'll give you £5million instead!'.
Genuinely surprised at your reply. We were a different case, always going to take over the stadium and we covered all maintenance/costs from day 1.

Essentially a multi-million Prem club has been gifted a stadium with no runnings costs.

From our experience of moving into a new stadium and the euphoria that came with it, this also followed a great two years under Kevin Keegan, but when we started to become mediocre and the novelty of the stadium died off we were then attaining crowds of 35-38000
Our average home league attendance has never dipped below a few shy of 40,000 at COMS/the Etihad.

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone seriously injured trying to walk across the canvas that they put across the gap between the first tier and the scaffolding stand.

I think thats hard to take for some

The deal you got was dodgy as fuck but it's already biting you in the arse. The segregation and stewarding is terrible and the club has no control over it. The premier league shouldn't allow a situation like that to happen.

The deal you got was dodgy as fuck but it's already biting you in the arse. The segregation and stewarding is terrible and the club has no control over it. The premier league shouldn't allow a situation like that to happen.

We've had two home games - there is always going to be teething problems and out of 57,000 its less than 200 people behaving like twats and refusing to sit. Stewards haven't dealt with it well and there need more policing - all this can be sorted. Aside from these small issues, the stadium is mega and the atmosphere is great. As much as i loved Upton Park this is a whole new level.

We've had two home games - there is always going to be teething problems and out of 57,000 its less than 200 people behaving like twats and refusing to sit. Stewards haven't dealt with it well and there need more policing - all this can be sorted. Aside from these small issues, the stadium is mega and the atmosphere is great. As much as i loved Upton Park this is a whole new level.

Not every Hammer is feeling the same as you. A quick look on the forums will tell you that.

The pitch looks very narrow on tv, almost too narrow.

Is it the camera angles? I assume it's within the league regulations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.