West Ham 2018/19

Hope he turns it round. Don’t mind the ‘ammers, and of course this gentleman won us three trophies and guided us to a semi final of the CL.
Talk of sacking him is far too premature, but with no ‘sacking clause’ it will cost them a reported £15m to get rid.

Is that anything these days ?

I’m really struggling to see Pellegrini turn this around with Everton, Man U and Chelsea next. I dearly hope I’m wrong.

But part of me was disappointed we sacked Moyes. He did a good job keeping us up and on that basis deserved a window and a whole season.

West Ham players need to start putting a shift in, if they do Pell will get them up the table...!
The biggest thing I noticed about City in his three years was that we drifted to being the least hard working/most unfit team around by the end of Pellegrini’s final season.

Year 1 - 1st place with 86 points and 102 goals
Year 2 - 2nd place with 79 points and 83 goals
Year 3 - 4th place with 66 points and 71 goals

Imagine if he’d had one more year!

Cup runs were easier to get as you don’t have to raise the level of performance as often. But we weren’t fit enough to play well consistently in the league.

Leicester won the league with just 81 points. With the squad we had we could easily have got more than 81 points. But we couldn’t get to the level we needed week-in-week-out because the pace of the games was too high for us to dominate from one game to the next.

West Ham won’t need to care about the cups if they’re in a relegation fight. But I worry about their fitness levels without many top class players to play Pellegrini’s style to get them out of trouble.

The biggest thing I noticed about City in his three years was that we drifted to being the least hard working/most unfit team around by the end of Pellegrini’s final season.

Year 1 - 1st place with 86 points and 102 goals
Year 2 - 2nd place with 79 points and 83 goals
Year 3 - 4th place with 66 points and 71 goals

Imagine if he’d had one more year!

Cup runs were easier to get as you don’t have to raise the level of performance as often. But we weren’t fit enough to play well consistently in the league.

Leicester won the league with just 81 points. With the squad we had we could easily have got more than 81 points. But we couldn’t get to the level we needed week-in-week-out because the pace of the games was too high for us to dominate from one game to the next.

West Ham won’t need to care about the cups if they’re in a relegation fight. But I worry about their fitness levels without many top class players to play Pellegrini’s style to get them out of trouble.
Pellegrini is in his first with West Ham, not his third or fourth, I've watched a few of their games and seen some of their players ambling about with their fingers up their arse, maybe you are right about fitness levels and/or conditioning but their players are not even trying and no matter how fit or well conditioned you are, if you don't put a shift in its meaningless and at this level you will get beat..!

Huge win. Thank f*ck for that !

Well done Manuel.
Yarmolenko, amazing Prem debut.
Arnaoutivic once again our main player.
Rice deserves a mention playing centre mid.

Well done you hammers.

Is that anything these days ?

I’m really struggling to see Pellegrini turn this around with Everton, Man U and Chelsea next. I dearly hope I’m wrong.

But part of me was disappointed we sacked Moyes. He did a good job keeping us up and on that basis deserved a window and a whole season.

Well done Manuel.

Well done you hammers.

Funny how a win can turn things round ; )

Well done Manuel.

Well done you hammers.
Glad you won and the players you mention played well but there was some seriously shaky defending from both sides out there today. Pellers has his work cut out to improve your defense.

Pleased for West Ham, it started today, go from here

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.