West Ham 2018/19

Never easy to win at Everton but West Ham looked accomplished today. Maybe Pellers has found a formula and players that can progress in the league.

You surprise me there BH.i think he is a very good player. I would have been happy if id been a westham fan and we,d signed him this season.

I just don’t see what his attributes are - he hasn’t got pace, doesn’t create, doesn’t score and he’s not your tough ball winning midfielder.
He is composed on the ball and can pick out a decent pass but we have that in Noble. I was hoping he’d come good for us and whilst it’s way to early to write him off I just can’t see it happening for him, not least because of his predictable injuries. Hope I’m wrong.

I just don’t see what his attributes are - he hasn’t got pace, doesn’t create, doesn’t score and he’s not your tough ball winning midfielder.
He is composed on the ball and can pick out a decent pass but we have that in Noble. I was hoping he’d come good for us and whilst it’s way to early to write him off I just can’t see it happening for him, not least because of his predictable injuries. Hope I’m wrong.
Bit confused there as u say he doesnt create ...but then admit he is 'composed on the ball' and 'can pick out a decent pass'....
I do like Noble,a damn good player..but maybe his own skills were not enough to drive WHU to any success....perhaps thats why they took a chance on Wilshire....ive always thought wilshere lookeda tidy composed central midfield player...whose main attributes appeared to be moving the ball in a tidy fashion from derp central mid up to attacking areas..his ball retention/control was very good..plays a bit like our Gundogan...you need players like this in a passing team to form a cohesive link between defence and attack.Wilshere would always show for the ball and be comfortable on if...his dribbling skills in tight situations were also top notch iirc...I would have been quite happy if he,d signed for City a few years back.

As you say his injuries have become all to predictable now-but thats not his fault surely?
Just out of interest BH.. was it Manuel who signed the player ,or did he arrive before the manager?

Bit confused there as u say he doesnt create ...but then admit he is 'composed on the ball' and 'can pick out a decent pass'....
I do like Noble,a damn good player..but maybe his own skills were not enough to drive WHU to any success....perhaps thats why they took a chance on Wilshire....ive always thought wilshere lookeda tidy composed central midfield player...whose main attributes appeared to be moving the ball in a tidy fashion from derp central mid up to attacking areas..his ball retention/control was very good..plays a bit like our Gundogan...you need players like this in a passing team to form a cohesive link between defence and attack.Wilshere would always show for the ball and be comfortable on if...his dribbling skills in tight situations were also top notch iirc...I would have been quite happy if he,d signed for City a few years back.

As you say his injuries have become all to predictable now-but thats not his fault surely?
Just out of interest BH.. was it Manuel who signed the player ,or did he arrive before the manager?

I hear you and yes those I believe were his qualities which he showed every now and then for Arsenal and England. But I think successive injuries have hampered his progress - I don’t believe we’ll see the same Wilshere that was in his brief prime a few years back. Off the ball he is a passenger and for a club like us we can’t afford that, let alone another crock earning 100k + a week.

We signed him start of the season so a Manuel/Sullivan signing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.