West Ham 2018/19

I'm just glad I kept it to myself that I fancied West Ham to get a result at Anfield today!

I'm going to stick by my principles and say that it was right for them to play that way.

They were almost always going to lose, you could argue they should have set up to defend but Pellers can't do that and is strongly opposed to that kind of football himself anyway.

He might as well have them playing the way he wants to. They're only going to learn that way of playing by actually playing it after all.

I have a big long post about this from last season somewhere, but my general gist was that the short-termism of completely compromising your style for the desperate act of gaining a point was more detrimental than going for it and losing.If you park the bus and lose (or even don't) you don't learn anything. If you play you own game and lose, then you get to see where you team needs to improve.

Because playing the short-term way makes you less prepared for the 30 other games where you would actually benefit from playing your own game.

A great example of a team getting it right was Watford last season, until all the Silva stuff derailed them. Even Burnley. As defensive as they were, they defended the same way against everyone. That's why they're good at it.

I'm going to stick by my principles and say that it was right for them to play that way.

They were almost always going to lose, you could argue they should have set up to defend but Pellers can't do that and is strongly opposed to that kind of football himself anyway.

He might as well have them playing the way he wants to. They're only going to learn that way of playing by actually playing it after all.

I have a big long post about this from last season somewhere, but my general gist was that the short-termism of completely compromising your style for the desperate act of gaining a point was more detrimental than going for it and losing.If you park the bus and lose (or even don't) you don't learn anything. If you play you own game and lose, then you get to see where you team needs to improve.

Because playing the short-term way makes you less prepared for the 30 other games where you would actually benefit from playing your own game.

A great example of a team getting it right was Watford last season, until all the Silva stuff derailed them. Even Burnley. As defensive as they were, they defended the same way against everyone. That's why they're good at it.
Cracking post.

My new number 2. Not a great opener but pelli will whip them into a decent side. Felipe Anderson is a fun signing. A club making the right kind of moves.

West Ham were absolutely shite today, not one player knew what he was suppose to do,it’s going to be a long slog from now till the end of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.