West Ham (A) - EFL Cup R4 - Post-Match Thread

What more concerning to me is the abysmal form of De Bruyne, Sterling and Mahrez.
I feel Sterling deserves a chance. Even when he’s not playing particularly well, his direct, relentless runs often put the opposition on the backfoot. There’s no way we would have had 100 point season but for his timely goals that season

Lets face it Sterling is always poor. The others just have the odd off match.
So is gundo. He’s usually sleepwalking games and is a passenger most of the time. Sometimes he sleepwalks past defenders for a tap in from 3 yards, but for me he’s a bigger liability than sterling

No excuses for Sterling, Mahrez weak as piss, Benefit of doubt to Gundo and KDB
Why the benefit of doubt for Gundo. Apart from those 3 months when he scored a few tap-ins last season, he’s been rubbish for city. And pep’s penchant of playing him in big CL matches is the single reason we haven’t won the trophy yet. Every cl exit so far, be it tottenham, Liverpool, lyon or Chelsea, he’s been at the heart of it and it boils down to an inept performance in midfield by gundogun. If Fernandinho or even rodri had played in the final alongside Bernardo, we would have beaten Chelsea and won the CL.

Got what we deserved. Far too passive and slow, with only the boys at back trying to at least get us moving.

The midfield was a joke, Gundo and Kev both wanting to play in the ten, leaving a legs gone Fern to try and patchwork quilt it.

De Bruyne, Sterling and Mahrez were shocking and Pep deserved better from all of them against a team who also rested their best two players in Rice and Antonio.

Kev clearly isn't kidding Pep, either.

I believe he was making a clear point by removing him before the penalties.

Fit or not, his simple decision making hasn't been there for a while.

As for Raheem pulling out of 50/50 challenges now, I hope that is self-preservation ahead of him thinking he has a move on the horizon.

Some of our players are making it easy for Pep to know what his best team is, as others are being left behind.
There will be no takers for Sterling mate, he'll run his contract down then leave. He is damaged goods now

Like others have said, wretched ground, with zero atmosphere. How many times did you hear the hammers fans singing, so so quiet. City fans tried but still pretty quiet for 5k there. Won't be going there again

We are in fine form in general ,we lost to PSG & West Ham but dominated both games , a one off piece of Messi magic and a penalty shoot out defeat is hardly a reason for doom and gloom and neither game will damage our main targets the Premier league and Champs league. If there is such a thing as being able to afford to lose a game then we chose the right ones , we have played most of the difficult away games already in the league and looking at the run of fixtures we are capable of putting a long run of wins together , like last season.
Although the form of kdb and Sterling is a concern the form of Jesus , Cancelo , Foden and the emergence of Palmer with the addition of a superb Grealish who is settling in well , are massive plus points, never been a better time to be a blue.

Reflecting on last night's performance we got exactly what we deserved. The only positive was we look to have found another prospect for the future however the negatives Fernandinho unfortunately is finished at this level and Sterling needs to be shown the door more worryingly is the form of De bruyne he Is struggling and looks half fit

Very frustrating at times. The amount of times I shouted just shoot for god's sake....

Credit to West Ham and like others have said hope they win it. Stadiums a bit odd. They try to get an atmosphere but it's not easy there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.