West Ham (A) - EFL Cup R4 - Post-Match Thread

It was nothing like as bad as is being made out on here in some quarters. We played our reserves, bossed the match from start to finish, were a bit sloppy with the final ball, couldn't score and lost on penalties.

I couldn't give a damn to be honest. It might be a blessing in disguise if the premier league stays close.
With you until the last sentence DD. I raced home from work stressed to the nines, then schlepped across London on a rammed and sweltering tube train filled with maskless coughing machines and found my seat in the ground was right up against the divide, with West Ham’s biggest dickheads all of 3 yards away screeching gormless, tedious abuse all evening (augmented by the occasional coin). I definitely gave a damn.
Thought we played reasonably well on the whole, but there’s just no cutting edge

Last edited:
Let’s not kid ourselves pep would be disappointed going out of this cup. He would of played more youth otherwise. This was not a second team out

we had
Walker, stones, zinny, ake, gundo, Fernandinho, KDB, Sterling, mahrez, all starting that game.

We should of won with this talent it’s nearly 300 mil worth of players for what some are calling our B team. No excuses.

Play some young kids and then we can start using excuses
Im afraid football doesn't work like that , friend.
If just money wins you trophies Psg would have won the French league last season, Juve would have won the Italian league. Psg would have won a few CL trophies , we as well , United would have won some serious trophies after SAF retired since they spent a billion and a half since..so on.

Yeah , Pep wants to win every competition, thats why he sent Foden, Jesus and Grealish on in the 2nd half, but sometimes you lose on penalties , it happens. You sound like a united fan who thinks theyre entitled to win every trophy they play for.

Missing a lot of one on ones these days maybe that is sapping a bit of confidence but overall contribution is vast in most games so you can't really complain.

You can complain, just like I complain at all the other chances that should be put away. We should have had three points at Anfield and we should have gone through last night. Before we know it, we’ll be out the title race despite us dominating games.

With you until the last sentence DD. I raced home from work stressed to the nines, then schlepped across London on a rammed and sweltering tube train filled with maskless coughing machines and found my seat in the ground was right up against the divide, with West Ham’s biggest dickheads screeching gormless, tedious abuse all evening (augmented by the occasional coin). I definitely gave a damn.
Thought we played reasonably well on the whole, but there’s just no cutting edge
Sorry to hear that EB. It was a lot easier to not give a damn by sitting at home, switching off my glitchy illegal stream straight off and getting in the bath. I even consoled myself that it's been a long long time since we lost a penalty shootout, so that monkey is off our back if we get a more important one.

I almost took my boys actually. I definitely would have given a damn if I'd have had a four hour journey home.

still calling it tinpot.

I'd expect that against a lower league team or perhaps a Semi/Final game. Not last night
You should see the flattering aspect of it , instead. If a team like WH celebrates a win on penalites over you like they won a trophy, it shows how highly regarded we are. Beating us is equal to winning a trophy for them !

Reflecting on last night's performance we got exactly what we deserved. The only positive was we look to have found another prospect for the future however the negatives Fernandinho unfortunately is finished at this level and Sterling needs to be shown the door more worryingly is the form of De bruyne he Is struggling and looks half fit

He might not be the player he once was, but he organised us well last night and kept driving us forward. His 3rd place on the MotM thread reflects that he played pretty well

It was nothing like as bad as is being made out on here in some quarters. We played our reserves, bossed the match from start to finish, were a bit sloppy with the final ball, couldn't score and lost on penalties.

I couldn't give a damn to be honest. It might be a blessing in disguise if the premier league stays close.
There were moments when a comparison with basket-ball could be made.
The match was played in a way rarely seen these days, e.g.,the lack of cynical fouls, simulation of sniper activity, mobbing the officals, and shithousery in general. The Carabou makes this attitude possible, great to win, but not the end of the world if you lose. Pep's body language and the foul count from both teams seems to back this up. For a 0-0, probably the most entertaining 90 mins so far, but, for me it was like being a neutral at a game between two teams i dont support; bit weird tbh. Pretty sure the sponsors are delighted at City's role in lifting the public perspective of the comp.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.