West Ham (A) - EFL Cup R4 - Post-Match Thread

Let’s not kid ourselves pep would be disappointed going out of this cup. He would of played more youth otherwise. This was not a second team out

we had
Walker, stones, zinny, ake, gundo, Fernandinho, KDB, Sterling, mahrez, all starting that game.

We should of won with this talent it’s nearly 300 mil worth of players for what some are calling our B team. No excuses.

Play some young kids and then we can start using excuses

A was really impressed with Zinchenko last night he looked absolutely great.

Sterling - can see why he hasnt been getting minutes. Looked pony last night.

Cole Palmer - some flashes of brilliance.

A frustrating night at the office but was a hell of a 0-0

We need a striker though fuck me

Really not bothered, it's become a distraction in recent seasons and likely caused fatigue. Champions League and the league are the priority.
We've won the league 3 times in the last 4 seasons and Carabao cup 4 times.
I see no connection with the Carabao Cup being a distraction at the final stages of the Champions league.

Always a shame to lose on penalties. Strange sort of game where we more or less bosses the game without looking that threatening. The introduction of Jesus,Foden and Grealish made a difference but in that period it would have been great to have been able to put a number 9 on to go for the win.

Don’t want to go over the negatives too much but it’s clear the cycle for some of this squad is coming to an end and could do with a freshen up. Would hopefully keep pep interested if we had an overhaul but it’s easier said than done.

pleased for the Hammers though. Decent bunch and would be nice to see them in the final. One of their fans gave my daughter his programme at the train station after chatting with him and generally a pleasant day out apart from the amount of stairs to climb to get to our seats.

As a side as I mentioned before it was my six year old daughters first game. Been a bit apprehensive as she is so young but she had the time of her life. She has just got up and started singing the Mcfc ok song, luckily they are the only words she picked up on. She also loved the yaya song and the oles at the wheel.
When we got to the ground it was quite loud on the concourse with the singing and she got a bit scared so I took her away from it all and explained they were just having fun. 5 minutes later I said to her we will go sit down. With that she replied “ no can’t we can back to the boys singing”
Put her to bed late last night and she kept her city top on to sleep in. Very proud Dad And city fan.

Yes it was shit to lose but being able to watch city with the best fans in the country there is nothing else like it. Even though there was a lot of pissesd up blues as soon as they saw me trying to get through the concourse or up the stairs everyone made way or helped out to create space. Made my girl feel very comfortable and welcomed and she wants to go back. Can’t ask for more than that.

Up the blues.

Very poor

Sterling is a shithouse pulling out of 50/50 challenges

Gundogan out of sorts

Mahrez back to FFS

But biggest concern WTF is going on with Kev, he looks so out of form that he is not first name on the team sheet at this moment.

Good luck to the hammers now, hope they win it

he needs a big rest imo

PEP OUT

Just kidding.

Disappointed we were knocked out. Should of won.

Was wondering were we playing a lower league team last night or a premier league side playing well?

Reaction of some of their fans on social media and on the screen made them a little tin pot. Like they've just done a massive giant killing or something?

I was criticising KDB's game this time last season, and from when he started this season. It's clearly a fitness issue.

It's difficult watching a game on the TV but I had the impression last night that KDB was more energetic than he has been of late.

We know from last season that his form picked up as he got fit. The same thing will happen again. IMO we should play him back into form. I don't think he's that far away.

We should also play Sterling on the left.

The poor form of KDB is predictable because we saw exactly the same thing last season. It does though offer a massive upside. KDB is a huge potential source of goals / assists. So far he has zero assists in the League. Imagine what City will be like when he starts to click. He will.

Not so widely mentioned is the poor contribution from Grealish who has added very little to City's game (1 lucky goal and 2 assists).

City are doing well this season because of Bernardo, and Foden who have been on fire. This is good news not bad because is means we are not playing at our full potential yet.

IMO City fans should stop bashing Sterling. Why do you do this? He's playing far below potential but your job is to lift him.

The one thing last night did was confirm our best starting line up. Only Stones, Zinchenko and Steffen from last nights performances , could come in and not lower the standard.

PEP OUT

Just kidding.

Disappointed we were knocked out. Should of won.

Was wondering were we playing a lower league team last night or a premier league side playing well?

Reaction of some of their fans on social media and on the screen made them a little tin pot. Like they've just done a massive giant killing or something?

They had, They`d just beaten on penalties a team that jointly holds the record for winning 4 CC on the bounce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.