West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Ok I'll stop banging on about VAR.

We were really good. Enjoyed seeing Mahrez strut his stuff, he was good at AFCON and has continued that form into the season. Hopefully he can keep that relationship with Sterling going.

Sterling just continues to be, for me atleast, the most intelligent player in the league when it comes to being in the right positions and making the right runs at the right time. Now he has the finishing to go with it and he could be one of the world's best.

Walker was the biggest surprise, he was fantastic today. Always struck me as the kind of player that gets a bit lazy without competition so I'm glad João Cancelo came in, it'll make him a better player and if it doesn't, he'll lose his spot.

Ederson some great saves and as usual, ice water in his veins playing it out from the back.

Rodri still has to adjust to the pace of the league and Stones still has a howler in him. Hopefully they'll both get up to speed.

TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

VAR made it closer than it could have but can't ever complain about a five goal win on opening day.

MOTM has to be Sterling. Thought Mahrez, De Bruyne, Rodri, and the entire defense played very well.

VAR is annoying to an absurd degree. However, I would think it would heavily benefit us on balance as an attacking side far more often than not. Especially if more handballs and penalties get called. As a poster above said, you could just tell Mike Dean didn't want to give that initially.

Var is fucking stupid
Kev was poor for his standards first half
West ham were good first half dropped off second
We were functional and effectiive and in control
Sterling top
Alll in all near perfect start.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.