West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by FantasyIreland, 10 Aug 2019.

1. Gaz Barry was the king of it, if a team started to break he’d usually shuffle over and put them on the floor. No one seemed to notice it then and call it out.

Keeper! likes this.
  2. Vic

Vic

I'll be kind and say your memory / powers of observation are flawed. I think you might be thinking of the game v Spurs where the AR seemed to think no offside rule applied to Spurs including the one where the attacker was offside by an Arctic winter.

I've explained how the daylight nonsense arose. It was compounded by people perpetuating the nonsense.

3. HarrytheBlue

HarrytheBlue

I think this season that Arsenal, Spurs, MU and for different reasons Everton, are better equipped to beat Liverpool because of what looks like some vulnerability at the back that wasn't there last season.

4. HarrytheBlue

HarrytheBlue

'Daylight' was never a rule, but it should be. Even with VAR, the current offside rule isn't entirely reliant on technology as there's still the human element. Goal line technology is absolute - you can't question it. However, with offside and VAR, the technology doesn't yet exist to accurately determine whether the player is offside when the ball leaves the foot of the player passing the ball.

5. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

Team supported:
    The Only Team in Manchester!
    I know it’s only a small thing, but on Saturday, the goals were scored by those who are in the team to do just that.

I know that KdB, Merlin, Bernardo, Riyad and others will all chip in with more than a few, but it’s important that our front-line scorers all get some early in the season.

6. No, I'm remembering lots of goals given when players were 'offside' by a small amount & some inconsistent decisions where players were not given the same benefit, discussed afterwards.

7. King KdB of Belgium

King KdB of Belgium

Watch the game live on BT Sports BluessinceHydeRoad. The reason they said that the penalty was retaken was because the WHU keeper did not have one foot on the goal line when Sergio struck the ball, also Declan RIce was encroaching as well. Also watch the game on BBC on Saturday night as well, and you can clearly see the WHU keeper moving forwards and off the line before Sergio strikes the ball, with Declan Rice also moving into the area before Sergio strikes the ball and clearing it from the keepers save, is also a reason why it was order to be retaken.

Overalll it was a very solid performance and a little bit rusty in the 1st half. Much better performance in the 2nd half. Where we kept up a much higher level of performance and not allowing WHU as much time on the ball as we allowed them in the 1st half. A very good game by Raheem if he keeps this up good well win the golden boot this year. Raheeem took is one on one against the keeper much better then in the Community Shield. Raheed Mahrez had a very good game hard to choose between Sterling and Mahrez for man of the match. If Mahrez can keep up this level off the performance through the year we will not miss Leroy at all.

CelesteItis likes this.
  8. mikemcfc

mikemcfc

Team supported:
    CTID
    yes, but i don't like the rule is what I'm saying, my way is basically fail safe.

9. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

BT Sports got it wrong, first time. They was banging on about the GK off his line, but then gave the proper reason (encroachment), when
    they had the correct information. In other words it wasn't a both situation. It was re-taken for encroachment and this alone and it was
    deemed by VAR.

aka blue jambo likes this.
  10. CelesteItis

CelesteItis

Dunno, because I stand humbly corrected. The ESPN pundits were carrying the goal line not stomped, and replayed the goalies position, thus my mistake. Sorry.