West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

"Tactical Fouls" part and parcel of football. Liverpool in the 80s and United in the 2000's were masters of it and I am delighted we have learned how to do it so successfully.

All great teams do it and in all sports for that matter.

Gaz Barry was the king of it, if a team started to break he’d usually shuffle over and put them on the floor. No one seemed to notice it then and call it out.

They definitely used to allow players to be close to a 'daylight' situation in those days, with the whole body being offside, often still allowed, whether refs were taking notice or not.

And the whole idea of course was to avoid disallowing goals & encourage attacking.

And also of course the sides with the most talent, will be the ones who are intricate enough to time runs to such perfection, that a centimetre can come into it.

So it won't do us any favours unless they decide to fudge it in favour of attackers, without telling anyone.

I'll be kind and say your memory / powers of observation are flawed. I think you might be thinking of the game v Spurs where the AR seemed to think no offside rule applied to Spurs including the one where the attacker was offside by an Arctic winter.

I've explained how the daylight nonsense arose. It was compounded by people perpetuating the nonsense.

It's why we finished so far ahead of the pack the season before last and why us and Liverpool did last season
I think this season that Arsenal, Spurs, MU and for different reasons Everton, are better equipped to beat Liverpool because of what looks like some vulnerability at the back that wasn't there last season.

I'll be kind and say your memory / powers of observation are flawed. I think you might be thinking of the game v Spurs where the AR seemed to think no offside rule applied to Spurs including the one where the attacker was offside by an Arctic winter.

I've explained how the daylight nonsense arose. It was compounded by people perpetuating the nonsense.
'Daylight' was never a rule, but it should be. Even with VAR, the current offside rule isn't entirely reliant on technology as there's still the human element. Goal line technology is absolute - you can't question it. However, with offside and VAR, the technology doesn't yet exist to accurately determine whether the player is offside when the ball leaves the foot of the player passing the ball.

I know it’s only a small thing, but on Saturday, the goals were scored by those who are in the team to do just that.

I know that KdB, Merlin, Bernardo, Riyad and others will all chip in with more than a few, but it’s important that our front-line scorers all get some early in the season.

No, I'm remembering lots of goals given when players were 'offside' by a small amount & some inconsistent decisions where players were not given the same benefit, discussed afterwards.

Watch the game live on BT Sports BluessinceHydeRoad. The reason they said that the penalty was retaken was because the WHU keeper did not have one foot on the goal line when Sergio struck the ball, also Declan RIce was encroaching as well. Also watch the game on BBC on Saturday night as well, and you can clearly see the WHU keeper moving forwards and off the line before Sergio strikes the ball, with Declan Rice also moving into the area before Sergio strikes the ball and clearing it from the keepers save, is also a reason why it was order to be retaken.

Overalll it was a very solid performance and a little bit rusty in the 1st half. Much better performance in the 2nd half. Where we kept up a much higher level of performance and not allowing WHU as much time on the ball as we allowed them in the 1st half. A very good game by Raheem if he keeps this up good well win the golden boot this year. Raheeem took is one on one against the keeper much better then in the Community Shield. Raheed Mahrez had a very good game hard to choose between Sterling and Mahrez for man of the match. If Mahrez can keep up this level off the performance through the year we will not miss Leroy at all.

As crazy as it is trying to measure body parts they have to because the rules state that it is measured by body parts that are allowed to score a goal. Therefore shoulders can be utilised for this purpose and elbows can’t.
yes, but i don't like the rule is what I'm saying, my way is basically fail safe.

Watch the game live on BT Sports BluessinceHydeRoad. The reason they said that the penalty was retaken was because the WHU keeper did not have one foot on the goal line when Sergio struck the ball, also Declan RIce was encroaching as well. Also watch the game on BBC on Saturday night as well, and you can clearly see the WHU keeper moving forwards and off the line before Sergio strikes the ball, with Declan Rice also moving into the area before Sergio strikes the ball and clearing it from the keepers save, is also a reason why it was order to be retaken.

Overalll it was a very solid performance and a little bit rusty in the 1st half. Much better performance in the 2nd half. Where we kept up a much higher level of performance and not allowing WHU as much time on the ball as we allowed them in the 1st half. A very good game by Raheem if he keeps this up good well win the golden boot this year. Raheeem took is one on one against the keeper much better then in the Community Shield. Raheed Mahrez had a very good game hard to choose between Sterling and Mahrez for man of the match. If Mahrez can keep up this level off the performance through the year we will not miss Leroy at all.

BT Sports got it wrong, first time. They was banging on about the GK off his line, but then gave the proper reason (encroachment), when
they had the correct information. In other words it wasn't a both situation. It was re-taken for encroachment and this alone and it was
deemed by VAR.

How many times do you need to be told!!! The penalty was retaken because Rice encroached into the box. VAR is not being used by the EPL to check the goalie's feet as that is the job of the on-field officials.
Dunno, because I stand humbly corrected. The ESPN pundits were carrying the goal line not stomped, and replayed the goalies position, thus my mistake. Sorry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.