West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

I was at the game yesterday with a few mates sat in the with the home fans.

Funny they were moaning the ref gave them nothing all game where as I thought he gave them too much.

I was behind the goal and what a double save by the second best keeper in Brazil!!

The first shot pretty much hit him but wow what a recovery to stop the follow up shot going in.

Though the atmosphere was poor to be honest except for the VAR ruling our goal out.

Stones looked good for the most part (a few careless passes) Sterling was immense

we maybe were a bit too ambitious with the intricate stuff, the muscles didn't sync with the brain at first, entirely to be expected. WHam body language at the final whistle screamed out "thank fuck that's over"....Hard not to get over-optimistic, considering who didn't even get on the pitch, and the speed and skill of those who did; luckily Pep will have none of that, he demands perfection...doesn't abide cocky showboating. Let the good times continue to roll

I'm not convinced we are tactically fouling. I just think we work so quickly once we lose possession to get it back again, we commit more fouls as a consequence.

I'd like to see how many of those 13 fouls today were deliberately done to stop a counter attack because there is a big difference between that and fouling trying to recover the ball.
It’s the same narrative the commentators were using to try and portray Rodri as a master of the dark arts and a Fernandinho clone in regards to the tactical fouling. It’s done purely to try and influence referees and to make it look to everyone excluding City fans that we’re this dirty team who only wins anything through cheating and fouling.

I thought we very quietly efficient, not at our impeccable best due to some sloppy passing and hesitation in thought but that’s to be expected at this stage of the season. Very impressed with Rodri, he just looks so calm and composed that makes you think as soon as he’s acclimatised to the pace and intensity of the Premier League he’ll be something very special. Walker is clearly bang up for the fight with Cancelo, Mahrez was upped the level of intensity off the ball and Sterling is just back to being Sterling.

Made up for Sterling when he finally got his hat trick, thought it was a bit selfish of Aguero to take the penalty but he might have been told to do that I don’t know.

They definitely used to allow players to be close to a 'daylight' situation in those days, with the whole body being offside, often still allowed, whether refs were taking notice or not.

And the whole idea of course was to avoid disallowing goals & encourage attacking.

And also of course the sides with the most talent, will be the ones who are intricate enough to time runs to such perfection, that a centimetre can come into it.

So it won't do us any favours unless they decide to fudge it in favour of attackers, without telling anyone.
Thanks Nev saved me doing a similar post . I agree with you're last line and I believe it will hurt us more than other teams just by our style of play.

Pep Guardiola: “Riyad called me after they [Algeria] won the Copa Africa. He said ‘I need 10 days. I wanna come back soon. I wanna play.' I like it. That’s why I decided ‘I want to play him’. Bernardo did nothing wrong, but there was some little muscular problems."

"I want them to know I trust all of them. That is the truth. After four seasons I don’t not like one player who is with us. I trust them and they have to compete with opponents, and with each other.”

Who do you support la? ?
Good that Pep never says the result overrides everything. We were poor by our standards first half, but went through the gears second half. Scary thing for everyone else is that with Kevin we're massively better. In essence, it's like having a £200m signing.

I think the likes of MU, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and maybe Everton, will all take points off each other and Liverpool with their under par defence pre-season and against Norwich. And then you have Wolves - a very good team and another year of experience. Winning the big games will be huge for us this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.