West Ham (A) Post Match Thread

tbf we could of easily beat leeds and west ham, i think the truth lies somewhere inbetween
and conceding 3 pens at home, will that ever happen again?

my worry is the main striking position, that need addressing urgently, sergio is now what he is an aging striker prone to injuries , gabby needs a back up or we need a sergio top level replacement, sterling does his best but we know he doesn't have the top level strike rate we need

Agreed. A fit striker against Leeds & West Ham yesterday we're 4pts better off we'd be 4th with a game in hand which IF we win would have seen us top.

Not having a striker is killing us. Hopefully Jesus isn't too far away.

Had a day to stew, probably a bit reactionary some of the things that got posted straight after the game.

Just gonna have to put up with the fact that this season is a one off, there are going to be some strange results for everybody. I'm still of the opinion you don't pick out of form players unless they're absolutely world class and can win you a game with a moment of brilliance (not sure Mahrez will give you that). Ideally I'd love Pep to sign a new deal today, get rid of the Elephant in the room and get rebuilding.

He probably is one of the players who is capable of that but what he brings to the table for the other 89 mins isn’t worth the small hope he may find that bit of magic.

Agreed. A fit striker against Leeds & West Ham yesterday we're 4pts better off we'd be 4th with a game in hand which IF we win would have seen us top.

We should have signed a striker. Kun was injured and let’s face it his injuries are becoming more frequent the older he gets and Jesus, whilst being a willing worker who does add value to the team, is not a clinical forward. He is as capable of missing chances as Sterling.

Too late now though so we will just have to keep muddling through. We have to win next week though now.

I would ove to know Pep’s reasons for constantly playing Mahrez week in week out, he brings nothing to the side. Rodri has been poor, Gundogan seems to have zero energy, always slowing the game down. We have players with pace to burn, Sterling, Bernardo, Foden, yet we aren’t playing to their strengths, everything is so slow and ponderous with a lack of creativity.

What makes you think it will happen? We have seen enough from Pep to suggest young energetic True Blues won't get place over Underperforming seniors and Spaniards who want to leave
But there's a possibility that the underperforming seniors and Spaniards who want to leave are better overall players than the kids, however enthusiastic the kids are. - Erm, perhaps this doesn't apply to the Spaniard who wants out though he wasn't too bad yesterday.

After a kip it's evident we didn't win yesterday due to poor finishing, lack of intensity in the first half and generally a lack of cohesion.

I still think he's moved his arm toward the ball to guide it but if var says that's not definite then ok. Let's see how definite the movement is the next time when a different set of officials give their own interpretation for a different set of teams.

The gauntlet is firmly thrown now, especially looking at some headlines this morning... does pep have the fire to protect his legacy and personal reputation?

Where's Delap? I hope we learn, we need to start with intensity and score first. That means more energy is needed, Foden, Torres, not players who want to dither on the ball and cut on to their favoured side or if they can't, stall the move and go backwards.

I think that is a challenge for fans too right now as well. Knowing you won't see the best or your players either because they are injured or struggling with match fitness, and knowing var will be a controversy and we have to watch from afar.

I don't want it to appear that I'm losing interest now because we're not on top, but my god premier league standards are slipping fast. Covid could be the leveller that the European leagues want in more than one way, as well as the financial impact all our players will be ready for the scrap heap by summer.

I get for others it's exciting seeing Leeds, villa and Everton unusually at the top, and I have no problem with that specifically, but the relentless pace of the games, the injuries, the need to compensate on quality for fitness and quantity of games, soulless stadiums, var meaning it's pointless cheering a goal, it's all a bit crap really right now isn't it.

Slept on it, still feel shite.
Watched Leeds v Villa Friday night....Leeds look like everything we were a few years ago. High tempo, fit, desire, direct incisive passing ......just about everything we’re lacking at the minute

Morivation a massive issue for some of our players now by the looks of it
I did and feel exactly the same, Leeds receive and pass immediately 80% of the time to a forward position, our players are so obsessed with retaining possession they never pass forwards always sidewards and back, to be fair they are not facing 11 men behind the ball like us, I thought even the rags against chelski looked more positive until I realised the same thing Chelski were open for a game.

I think we can beat Sheffield Utd next week without Aguero or Jesus, but for the Dippers we will need Jesus to be back. Pep's updates on our injured players are not the best so not sure when Jesus will be back.

I would give Delap a start next week and see how he gets on.

We should have signed a striker. Kun was injured and let’s face it his injuries are becoming more frequent the older he gets and Jesus, whilst being a willing worker who does add value to the team, is not a clinical forward. He is as capable of missing chances as Sterling.

Too late now though so we will just have to keep muddling through. We have to win next week though now.
Absolutely

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.