West Ham (a) Pre-Match Thread (League)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep is going to be faced with some real headaches in the coming week's. With Jesus coming in, Fernandinho back from suspension and when Aguero gets fit again he has to pick our best team.
Some really difficult decisions to be made, you can make arguments for so many players to be given a go but I am convinced that we need to give as much time as possible for Sterling, Jesus and Sane to play together.

I'd like to see this side given a go at some point in the future, The concern being the age of the midfield 3.

There is an argument that we could try playing with 3 at the back and Fenandinho and Delph as roaming wing backs.

------------------------------------Willy---------------------------------

---------Ottamendi-----------Kompany------------Stones---------

-------------------------------Fenandinho-----------------------------

--------------------Silva-----------------------Yaya--------------------

--------Sterling-----------------KDB--------------------Sane---------

---------------------------------Jesus----------------------------------

Having Jesus chase back and having Delph press forward puts even greater pressure on the opponent's midfield, so I expect them both to be in against West Ham.

I'd place Sagna and Zabba as the full backs. They could even switch during the game if they like.

(As much as I can't believe I rate Caballero as our best goalkeeer, I can't believe I rate Sagna as our bedt fullback...a season or so back I would barely rate either above amateur level. That said if it takes forever to settle ten it's not worth the wait and we should act quicker...argument for another day).
I understand Caballero but Sagna's been one of the best defenders in the league for about ten years now.

It's funny how quickly our perception of our squad depth can change. Pep now has some huge calls to make! Yaya has been superb, but Fernandinho is coming back. Will he be on the bench? Replace Yaya? Play alongside him? If the latter, who drops out, Silva or De Bruyne? Hopefully he doesn't play De Bruyne out wide, to accommodate them all. We need the raw pace of Sané/Sterling/Jesus. Then of course he has the decision to make up top with Aguero. If he starts, who goes on the bench out of Sané, Sterling and Jesus? Great problems to have! And all still without Gundogan in the mix! And completely ignoring players like Nolito and Iheanacho.

I understand Caballero but Sagna's been one of the best defenders in the league for about ten years now.
Sagna was very very poor for quite a while after he joined. It's hard to see why when you look at him before and after that period.

It's funny how quickly our perception of our squad depth can change. Pep now has some huge calls to make! Yaya has been superb, but Fernandinho is coming back. Will he be on the bench? Replace Yaya? Play alongside him? If the latter, who drops out, Silva or De Bruyne? Hopefully he doesn't play De Bruyne out wide, to accommodate them all. We need the raw pace of Sané/Sterling/Jesus. Then of course he has the decision to make up top with Aguero. If he starts, who goes on the bench out of Sané, Sterling and Jesus? Great problems to have! And all still without Gundogan in the mix! And completely ignoring players like Nolito and Iheanacho.
... and don't forget the kids who are very close to being better than some in the senior squad.

I think Fernandhino, De Bruyne, Aguero (assuming fit) are certain starters. The latter two being left out of the Palace game specifically to ensure their sharpness for the West Ham game. I also expect Bravo, Zabaleta and at least one of Otamendi and Stones to play.

Squad is shaping up nicely at the business end of the season. Really happy Jesus has come in and hit the ground running he's shown he can mix it already with a top side in Spurs and a bunch of hackers in palace. The team to me all of a sudden looks younger and hungry so I would love to see sterling sane Jesus continue to start as many games as possible. Plenty of options for pep to go with now depending on the opposition with vinny back and ferna 2. I would go with this set up on wed but as we all know guessing what pep will do is never easy.....

Bravo
Zaba
Nico
Kolarov
Clichy
Yaya
Silva
Kdb
Sane
Jesus
Sterling

All these line-ups show me one thing. The imbalance between our defensive talent and attacking talent is shocking.

Expecting a tough match but hopefully that stadium and pitch will bring out the best in us again.

Bravo
Sagna Otamendi Stones Kolarov
Fernandinho
Sterling DeBruyne Silva Sane
Jesus
Yaya has been immense recently but could do with a rest. Fernandinho has been a hot head on his last few appearances but before that he was first name on the teamsheet. We should have to much going forward with all that talent and pace. Strong tall back four to cope with Carroll. 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.