West Ham (a) Pre-Match Thread (League)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I left him out of the starting XI as well.

Is it though? He wasn't playing particularly well in the Burnley game before he got sent off (managed our lowest pass completion percentage and highest rate of getting dispossessed in the half) and he had an even more strikingly poor game the week previous against Liverpool.

I agree that he's very important for us, but we have a deep enough squad that he should also have to up his game to be included. Yaya's been playing borderline flawlessly and unless he really needs the rest he should start.

Usually I'd always have Fernandinho in the starting XI but am finding it difficult to shoe horn him into the team on Wednesday. Presumably De Bruyne will start, having been rested on Saturday, and Toure and Silva deserve to start on merit.

Fernandinho's indiscipline has cost us his services for seven domestic games already this season, so he shouldn't just walk straight into the starting line-up at the expense of others.

Usually I'd always have Fernandinho in the starting XI but am finding it difficult to shoe horn him into the team on Wednesday. Presumably De Bruyne will start, having been rested on Saturday, and Toure and Silva deserve to start on merit.

Fernandinho's indiscipline has cost us his services for seven domestic games already this season, so he shouldn't just walk straight into the starting line-up at the expense of others.

Good job you don't have to make the decision, then ;-)

Bravo
Sagna
Otamendi
Stones
Kolarov
Dihno
DeBryune
Silva
Sane
Sterling
Jesus.

That's what Pep will do.

Sttategically you should not play a 33 year old twice in 5 days. So Yaya is out for me.

Bravo is the league keeper. So Bravo back in. His luck should improve.

Kompany out for Otamendi. And Clichy for Stones. Kolarov plays LB. Not ideal, but no player we currently have is ideal at leftback. Maybe Sane, but we would not play him there right now.

Midfield and attack picks itself. Absent Aguero, you downgrade Iheanacho to the bench and start the more expensive 3. Iheanacho will leave us in the end. There simply is no opportunity for growth here.

I'll wish him well when that time comes. But for now he is the #6 guy in a 7 player rotation for 3 spots. That assumes our fake attacking players (Silva and DeBryune) don't get pushed into those roles in other circumstances. Which they sometimes do. So really he may be the joint 8th option for a 3 player spot.

I simply don't like his chances at City. Anyway back to the bench

Yaya, Nacho, Kompany, Sagna, Nolito, Caballero Garcia.

When the team wins, I would prefer to keep the same formation.

I don't think we need to rest anyone, because 4 days are enough for them to rest & recover.
No it's not. And we see it every time. They get sluggish and we play poorly and fans get whiny.

Just play as many fresh guys as you can. Yaya definitely should not start. Probably Silva too. But one of them will, coz the both help control the pace and string us together. If pushed I'll start Silva. But if we had options, I'd probably would have rested both.

Bravo
Sagna Otamendi Kolarov
Yaya Dinho
Sterling Silva KDB Sane
Jesus

Play the best eleven who are fit on the field. Clichy is a big weakness in the back, would rather have Yaya or Dinho playing deeper to provide cover to defense.

I would tend to agree with this strategy....I think it would work nicely against a stubborn and well organised West Ham 4-5-1 formation I think Kolarov, Stones and Otamendi could work too and would be able to isolate Carroll, especially as their team of late isn't full of runners in behind. Plus it leaves Clichy out, who is the biggest weakness in the team atm.

Scenario B is if Pep thinks West Ham play the high press and commit numbers forward to support Carroll (less likely given the big pitch and the recent 0-5 tonking). In this situation, I would play the 4-3-3 that worked so well the other day, with a couple of changes:

Caballero
Zab Stones Otamendi Clichy

Toure
Silva De Bruyne

Sterling G. Jesus Sane

* This line-up is more geared up to invite a bit of pressure on and hitting them on the break, but means Stones and Otamendi HAVE to win the aerial dual with Carroll and also keep an eye on Antonio too.

All in all......most options we have had in months!
Prediction: Hammers 1-3 City

When the team wins, I would prefer to keep the same formation.

I don't think we need to rest anyone, because 4 days are enough for them to rest & recover.
We beat west ham 5-0 in cup then played same team and got beaten by Everton 4-0??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.